C4 Forums | Control4

Somfy Integration

Yeh. Helps a lot. Thanks Bill. I now understand fully the different Somfy integration options..

Cheers

I am told (I don't have it) that there is a WIRELESS Zigbee integration item now from Somfy. HOWEVER - I am VERY happy with my serial connection (that is also wireless from the end point).

I have:

1. solar shades on the logia

2. shades in the entryway

3. multiple shades n the bedroom

4. shades on the french doors

Now they all are simply in the state that i want them in.

Please note - one additional "cool thing" about automation: In the master bedroom I have shades on the french doors - the door handles often would "catch" the shade since we have a rather large fan on the ceiling. Home automation allows the fan to be shut off for 30 seconds before the blinds start to close - that way they clear the handle - then if the room timer is on it starts the fan back up otherwise it simply leaves it off.

Really cool from my standpoint.

Bill

• 4 months later...

TexasBill

How did you get the Somfy blinds integration to work on your iPhone? I have added the Somfy 16 channel RTS interface but blinds don't show up on my iPhone. They show and work fine from all other navigators.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

TexasBill

How did you get the Somfy blinds integration to work on your iPhone? I have added the Somfy 16 channel RTS interface but blinds don't show up on my iPhone. They show and work fine from all other navigators.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I put them on the user menus. I have a master menu for the default living room that opens or closes all, then in each room I have an open blind or close blind.

I also have (an example) in the master bedroom a set of three blinds. One touch up opens blind number 1, 2 touches up opens blind number 2 and three up blinds 3 (down reverses the process.)

On the phone though I operate them off the user defined menus. I operate the 12 foot door that way and turn the spa on and off and control the lights on the spa that way as well.

Bill

• 9 months later...

hi all...

I'm ready to put in automated blinds. I went to order a Somfy URTS II P#1810872 and was told it has been replaced by the RTS 485 Wireless Motor Controller as seen here ( http://www.somfyarchitecture.co.uk/downloads/buildings/rs485rts-transmitter-1810803.pdf)

Can anyone confirm explicitly that this will work and which driver is used? Its about $1000 AUD, so Im keen to get this right before ordering.

Is there are spec sheet on how to wire this to the HC300?

hi all...

I'm ready to put in automated blinds. I went to order a Somfy URTS II P#1810872 and was told it has been replaced by the RTS 485 Wireless Motor Controller as seen here ( http://www.somfyarchitecture.co.uk/downloads/buildings/rs485rts-transmitter-1810803.pdf)

Can anyone confirm explicitly that this will work and which driver is used? Its about $1000 AUD, so Im keen to get this right before ordering.

Is there are spec sheet on how to wire this to the HC300?

Can you please post what you are up to and how it all fits together. I have been waiting so long now for suitable blind integration it's ridiculous..

• 2 months later...

I'm having difficulties getting my 16 channel URTS II to work.

It is programmed and working - UP/Down/Stop all working. Just not with C4.

After programming, per Somphy - URTSI is left in position 1.
RS-232 to RJ45 plug properly configured from Somfy
Tried several different cables and confirmed they are wired correctly.
Driver added correctly to Serial2 on HC800

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 11 months later...

If you need Somfy support contact Shading Integration Experts at www.shadingintegrationexperts.com. They can provide programming, diagrams, and support. They can also direct you to a authroized dealer who will match or beat anyone's price and drop ship needed product right to you.

Archived