C4 Forums | Control4

Is there anything an HC800 *can't do* as a HC300 replacement?

wappinghigh

The 800 cannot accept IR input like a 300 can. Non-sense IMO but I'm sure there was some discussion in a C4 meeting to eliminate something...

Sorry, I know you said no IR but I can't think of anything else...

^

Thanks. What about video sense? Don't think I "IR sense" on the 300 anyway... why would you??

I'm thinking doing a straight 300<>800 swap.

Keeping the control as similar as possible to keep the re-programming costs down. Moving director etc onto the 800. Leaving the 1000 switched off (for a rainy day). And moving the 300 into another room..

Thoughts? I know you've done something similar :)

Let me rephrase, I know what Video Sense is but why the hell would I connect my BD player to a 300 when I need it on my HDMI switcher?? Pointless...

You know what, it's late and I'm drunk and tired- forget this...

Video sense is useful to get feedback for products that have IR control only. This gives you the on/off state of the device which an be used for programming. For example when you physically press the off button on a bluray player (say when you've taken the disc out) turn you TV and receiver off. Note that this requires a player which can do multiple video outputs at the same time. Some do and some don't.

Yeah IR has been rock solid on my HC800. I haven't had any of the negative experiences that a couple of users here have mentioned.

I know its off topic but points to the HC800 for having digital audio out. It sounds better.

He may be pointing to the fact that the HC800 doesn't have a general IR receiver. i.e. it can be used to learn IR, and can playback IR, but it can't be controlled vi a 3rd-party IR remote, as the HC300/HC200 could.

It had to be a learning remote, and had to use Control4's IR codeset, but you could do that with a 300, can't with an 800.

RyanE

Proper IR function (my experience' date=' before the C4 crew decides to flame away).[/quote']

Can you elaborate? I haven't had any issues with the HC800 IR outputs.

SR-250 not responding to commands (IR flasher not working). When switched to HC-300 it works flawlessly. I believe a couple of other users have encountered this as well.

Proper IR function (my experience' date=' before the C4 crew decides to flame away).[/quote']

SR-250 not responding to commands (IR flasher not working). When switched to HC-300 it works flawlessly. I believe a couple of other users have encountered this as well.

That was a bug in 2.2.0, fixed in 2.2.1 and 2.2.2.

That was a bug in 2.2.0' date=' fixed in 2.2.1 and 2.2.2.[/quote']

Presto.

Note that this requires a player which can do multiple video outputs at the same time. Some do and some don't.

Well that's a big "Note". Few if any of mine do and those that do pump-out video on one set of outputs at a time.

Are the IR commands stacking-up then unloading the series seconds later or not at all?

Are the IR commands stacking-up then unloading the series seconds later or not at all?

Nope, its not stacking, checked that!

Archived