C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody $5

• 7 months later...
Heads up. Rhapsody switched to a $9.99 plan automatically. So I called and they said that plan has been discontinued. But they offer a $4.99 plan that is not advertised.

What kind of plan is it (ie 4.99 auto debit etc) what do I ask for?

They called it Rhapsody Basic

Thanks - I just called:

866-597-5505

Mon-Fri 6a-6p PST

Sat-Sun 730a-5p PST

I pushed 3 for technical support and got someone with a strong Indian accent called "Sebastian".

He was very helpful and changed my account to $5.00 per month from the ten i was paying.

I no longer can "download songs" and have three computers.

(I never did that anyway.)

My Control 4 is still working like a champ so far. I also got 14 days free trial.

So - this was cheaper all round.

Thanks,

Bill

Been on $5/mo for 4 years now. Rhap sent a email out about one month ago asking to make a decision. I selected continue $5/mo service and got double-billed last month. Principle of the thing you know. Besides, ever since the infamous JRiver thread, I've also begun to dislike the SQ from Rhapsody.

I actually do use the mobile features including downloading. I came over from Napster though so I need to review my plan.

It is super annoying though to be limited to only three mobile devices. There are these things called families . . .

Edit: I pay yearly but I get it for $8/month. So I'm not on the $5 plan. But having mobile capabilities always costs more with these services.

The problem isn't the price, it is that they don't even offer an option (at any price) for more devices on one account. 3 devices per account is an antiquated limitation, family or not.

What Control4 pricing scheme are you referring to? They already opened it up so you can get unlimited devices at one price, no dealer even necessary.

Archived