C4 Forums | Control4

Ps3 driver for Logitech harmony

Jaffacree

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a driver for this that will do on/off for the ps3?

I had been looking for one for years but finally gave up. Apparently the logitech uses a long series of IR emissions that cannot be learned via the normal IR learning procedures.

Instead, I use this device:

http://www.schmartz.com/PS3IR1000-Wireless-Infrared-Adapter-for-PlayStation/M/B0028S7BZY.htm

My dealer was able to install a PS3 driver that allows me to power on/off my PS3 using my C4Remote. There were some minor tweaks required in the driver to make it reliably turn off the PS3.

PS3 harmony driver - full control, only time it can't turn off is when doing PS2 games in older units, or when the unit can't be turned off/is in a state of not accepting any commands (such as when off is sent in the middle the PS3 returning to a homes screen and loading a gam's/movie's disc info)

Under DVD - Brand logitech, will show PS3 Icon in 2.1 systems and up.

• 2 months later...

I just set up Cyknight's Logitech driver... And it works like a champ! I had a small bump at first. I was using the C4's IR port (#6 in my case) plugged directly into the Logitech's port. This was the port used when using the Logitech system. It didn't work. When I switch out to using an emitter to the Logitech PS3 Bluetooth ... It started communicating. This is the best solution to C4 control with an integrated PS3, IMHO.

+1 -- Cyknight

Thanks.

I just set up Cyknight's Logitech driver... And it works like a champ! I had a small bump at first. I was using the C4's IR port (#6 in my case) plugged directly into the Logitech's port. This was the port used when using the Logitech system. It didn't work. When I switch out to using an emitter to the Logitech PS3 Bluetooth ... It started communicating. This is the best solution to C4 control with an integrated PS3, IMHO.

+1 -- Cyknight

Thanks.

You're quite welcome

Archived