C4 Forums | Control4

how to have custom buttons execute favorites

Jobu604

I am having a tough time with what should be fairly straightforward I would think.

I want a custom button (which I have created in Composer HE using the Custom Buttons agent) to execute a favorite (which I have added via my favorites). However, I can't seem to find where the favorites are stored in programming in Composer HE.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

^That's because "Favorites" are actually BOOKMARKS. You need to look under BOOKMARKS for the particular TS in question. I am scratching my head trying to understand why you want to do this. This is function of the star icon on the top...

^That's because "Favorites" are actually BOOKMARKS. You need to look under BOOKMARKS for the particular TS in question. I am scratching my head trying to understand why you want to do this. This is function of the star icon on the top...

Thanks. I was hoping to be able to trigger favorites/bookmarks using iOS devices and MyHome. That this appears to be restricted to TS only certainly makes it unncessary to do with easy access to the star icon.

The iOS doesn't HAVE favorites so it can't execute it's own. Not sure about MyHomePC to be honest - but interesting question, I'll have to check that out.

Also keep in mind that in general the favorites/bookmarks are a per TS thing, having one one one, doesn't mean it's available on both, you have to create them seperately per screen.

Archived