C4 Forums | Control4

Jan 11 Update to IOS app.

cdw5510

In the notes it says:

• Customer-centric device management – now customers can add devices to their Control4 system without dealers. You just need your my.control4.com email address and password.

Do you need to be on 2.2? Or can anyone currently using the iOS app now manage their own apps?

By the way I think that this customer-centric management is a great move and I applaud C4 for doing so. It would be nice if they would also extend this to AV equipment.

?

Just updated a ipad, ipad2, ipad mini, ipone3gs, iphone 4s and iphone 5 and all seem fine to me.

No it works on any system 1.7.4 and up (ie when the app was introduced), possibly even on 1.6 but don't pin me down on this. Provided you have free licenses of course.

?No it works on any system 1.7.4 and up (ie when the app was introduced), possibly even on 1.6 but don't pin me down on this. Provided you have free licenses of course.

I know it will work on those but can I add new iDevices without requiring a dealer? According to the press release for 2.3 the ability for end users to add or delete devices was a new feature to that OS:

From: http://www.control4.com/about-us/press/2012/12/12/control4-unveils-os-2-3/

Now, homeowners and business owners can add or swap out smart phones and tablets within their Control4® MyHome account.

?No it works on any system 1.7.4 and up (ie when the app was introduced)' date=' possibly even on 1.6 but don't pin me down on this. Provided you have free licenses of course.[/quote']

I know it will work on those but can I add new iDevices without requiring a dealer? According to the press release for 2.3 the ability for end users to add or delete devices was a new feature to that OS:

From: http://www.control4.com/about-us/press/2012/12/12/control4-unveils-os-2-3/

Now, homeowners and business owners can add or swap out smart phones and tablets within their Control4® MyHome account.

I know what you meant and, again, yes you can. The new App and updated C4 servers (this was part of the update that caused people grief a little while back) are PART of that 2.3 release.

Looks fine on my iPad mini. Can you post more info or maybe a screen shot about what you are talking about?

On my iPhone 5 is has the letter box' date=' works fine on the iPads...[/quote']

It sounds like they haven't optimized the interface for the iPhone5. Depending on how they wrote the app this could be an easy or very hard thing to do.

When the iPhone5 was announced it was said that apps would run this way until the developer updated them for the larger screen. I only recently updated GoRemote for iPhone 5 and my interface is vastly more simple than Control4s.

Archived