C4 Forums | Control4

Solenoid Valve

sscase

I have but as they've always been installed by a plumbing company I can't help you on brands etc. Works just fine though.

The one's we've done have all been 120v though, so we've used a C4 switch on them.

Ahh, so you wired up the solenoid valve using 120V and added a C4 switch to the circuit, correct? Then you energize or de-energize the solenoid valve via the C4 switch, so did you even need the I/O extender? Thanks!

I have but as they've always been installed by a plumbing company I can't help you on brands etc. Works just fine though.

The one's we've done have all been 120v though' date=' so we've used a C4 switch on them.[/quote']

Ahh, so you wired up the solenoid valve using 120V and added a C4 switch to the circuit, correct? Then you energize or de-energize the solenoid valve via the C4 switch, so did you even need the I/O extender? Thanks!

For these it's normally open so we turn ON the switch to CLOSE the valve - no i/o needed.

We use a KZvalve which runs on 12v - 24v dc or ac and has contacts to open / close with status notifications confirming valve open or closed

As I understand it, these were not allowed on main lines for us - so make sure it's up to code locally. Want to underscore the "as I understand it" as I wasn't directly involved in the "selection" process.

As most valves are single contact only (normally open, you close (energize) the circuit to close the valve), it's ALWAYS discreet, so additional contact sensors aren't really required for a C4 system - just program notifications directly off of the relay state.

Archived