C4 Forums | Control4

Wrong time on hc250

One of my hc250s is showing the wrong time - not a time zone issue as it's actually frozen on 346am. I have two other hc250s, an hc800 as my master controller and two touchscreens that are all showing the right time. Is there an easy explanation/fix? I tried refreshing the navigators from composer he and no luck.

sounds like you may need to power cycle it....

Yeah. Annoying because the 250 is behind my TV. Probably easier to cut the breaker and then turn it back on.

Maybe I should try power cycling the main controller first, as it is more accessible.

So I power cycled the offending hc250 and now all is fine. However I just noticed that my two touch screens are not exactly in synch time wise with my navigators and sr250s. The touchscreens are about 30 seconds slower. Is that normal or is it likely that I need to either reboot my master controller or have my dealer look at it?

So I power cycled the offending hc250 and now all is fine. However I just noticed that my two touch screens are not exactly in synch time wise with my navigators and sr250s. The touchscreens are about 30 seconds slower. Is that normal or is it likely that I need to either reboot my master controller or have my dealer look at it?

Do you have the devices properly identified in the project by UUID?

Do you have the devices properly identified in the project by UUID?

I'm afraid I don't know what that means... if it helps, my dealer installed and presumably identified the touch screens and all other devices, and they seem to work fine other than the occasional hiccup with touch screens that are always solved by restarting (i.e., Rhapsody menus on the left disappearing, occasional loss of video on intercom).

Hmm I wonder if there may be some networking issues involved.

All times are basically run by the main controller - although devices generally will keep track themselves reasonably well if connection is lost for a short period.

30 seconds as such is fairly minor, but I can't say I've noticed it before. I'd reset your router, then the main controller, then the secondary controllers then the tscreens should it really bother you. This would force all devices to re-sync with the main controller.

Also, do you know what you have there for a router.

Proper identifying by the way (UUID) means pushing the appropriate button on the device one tries to add to the system as opposed to using a drag and drop option from a "visible devices list", although that generally is ok or manually typing in the IP of the device - which is certainly not the way to do it.

Archived