C4 Forums | Control4

Comcast X1 Box

Anybody get the new X1 Comcast box? Its made by Pace. I cant get the controls to work right, one box skips 3 channels every time i press the up/down key the other one barely reacts to commands. Any body have these problems? Also, i heard this is an IP controllable box?

Ok, just wanted to update. We finally got our X1 box installed tonight and the box swapped out in composer. For anyone who doesn't know, there is a specific X1 driver already. Just use search to install the driver from online.

so far I haven't found any issues with the C4 remote skipping channels or anything else. The only issue I have at the moment is on the X1 remote you have the "last" button which pulls up your last 9 channels watched. When I use the Prev" button on the C4, it just rewinds me a few seconds. I need to figure out a way to adjust that button I suppose or at least program one of the color buttons to act as the previous button. Any suggestion's there would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see three drivers for the X1. Do any of these properly work where the previous button doesn't act as the rewind button? Also, does anyone have the XFINITY button mapped to * or #? It would really be nice to see these fixes.

I'm playing around with the IR drivers, IP would be even cooler as we would actually have a 2 way driver. Anyone working on these?

• 2 months later...

I'm not aware they have been resolved. All drivers i'm aware of are still IR based. I've tried both drivers and while I don't have issues with channels skipping anymore, I still don't have the ability to use "last" in the sense that it goes to the last channel or pops up the last 7 shows played. I only get it to rewind about 30 seconds.

I'm not aware they have been resolved. All drivers i'm aware of are still IR based. I've tried both drivers and while I don't have issues with channels skipping anymore, I still don't have the ability to use "last" in the sense that it goes to the last channel or pops up the last 7 shows played. I only get it to rewind about 30 seconds.

I just had my dealer fix this....  It only took him 5 minutes to remap the "Last" button to the same as the remote which brings up the previously viewed 7 channels.  He was able to do it remotely over the phone.  That was my greatest hatred on that driver so at least I'm now a happy camper.  He said he just edited the current driver that I'm using.  :)

I just had my dealer fix this....  It only took him 5 minutes to remap the "Last" button to the same as the remote which brings up the previously viewed 7 channels.  He was able to do it remotely over the phone.  That was my greatest hatred on that driver so at least I'm now a happy camper.  He said he just edited the current driver that I'm using.   :)

Can you find out what he did? Or which option he modified. Did he actually rewrite the driver or are we just talking he went into the settings and remapped a button to a different option?

• 2 weeks later...

Can you find out what he did? Or which option he modified. Did he actually rewrite the driver or are we just talking he went into the settings and remapped a button to a different option?

Should only take a dealer 5 minutes to make this adjustment. Need to change the hex code for the PREV button to the proper command for last channel. 

As a side note, I just put one of these in with C4(done a handful with URC) for the first time last week, repeat counts definitely needed some work.

Archived