C4 Forums | Control4

Monitoring

prabeau

Trying to improve my vacation mode while on vacation.

I am trying to play radio station that is already programmed as a custom button.

I am confident enough about the programming but how can I confirm that this action has taken place.

Trying to improve my vacation mode while on vacation.

I am trying to play radio station that is already programmed as a custom button.

I am confident enough about the programming but how can I confirm that this action has taken place.

1. Listen to it your self

2. have someone else listen to it

3. have a speaker that you can log into remotely and listen remotely

4. get the logging program and look at the logs.

5. someone else can give you other ideas.

Bill

I'd love to listen to it but the speakers are in Montreal and I'm in Florida

Having someone go in the house to check is a last resort really

Have no idea how I can listen remotely

What logging program ?

Using Composer HE

I'd love to listen to it but the speakers are in Montreal and I'm in Florida

Having someone go in the house to check is a last resort really

Have no idea how I can listen remotely

What logging program ?

Using Composer HE

CyKnight gave you another option as well -

LOGMEIN is a remote program that will allow you for free to run composer and see what is happening on your remote system.

If listening is all you want to do then you can (I think?) set up a camera that you can view remotely that also has audio on it? Then you could view and listen remotely - you would want to disable this when you are actually there.

Regarding the logging software - http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=10773

OneWalles is working on a logging driver that will let you log any events you wish.

Bill

You can using 4-sight. With the flash pop-up at least. It will show you zones etc much like a TScreen.

I can say this - when I was having my Rhapsody problems Control 4 THOUGHT that music was playing - it would SHOW that it was playing - but no sound was coming out of the speakers.

While I would NOW trust that if it said that it was playing then it is playing, I would certainly have to prove it to myself that there was a correlation in this installation before I would trust a visual saying that it was playing music.

Bill

You can using 4-sight. With the flash pop-up at least. It will show you zones etc much like a TScreen.

I can say this - when I was having my Rhapsody problems Control 4 THOUGHT that music was playing - it would SHOW that it was playing - but no sound was coming out of the speakers.

While I would NOW trust that if it said that it was playing then it is playing' date=' I would certainly have to prove it to myself that there was a correlation in this installation before I would trust a visual saying that it was playing music.

Bill[/quote']

Oh absolutely - I did state originally it wasn't bullet proof.

Technically the system IS playing music/a source. If that "source" itself isn't working....

I suppose you could set-up an IPcam with audio, or have that computer with logmein or similar open a skype sessions etc.....

All depends on how far you would want to take it.

I realize that this was a piece of programming best done before my departure.

Having newly installed parallels and XP on my Mac I was simply trying to perfect my vacation mode and trying out

my remote access.

I just thought I was missing something obvious…………anyway the lights are doing their thing and the alarm is on.

Paul

Archived