C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Lead A/V Tech Position (Hourly) - Los Angeles

sjanz

We are looking to immediately fill a Control4 Lead A/V Tech Position. The successful candidate must have the following:

1. A clean driving record and a current, valid, California drivers license.

2. Reliable transportation to/from office and/or job-site (after probationary period you will be added to Company Van/Trailer Insurance for job transportation)

3. Thorough knowledge of all the A/V Basics-- cutting in speakers, mounting TVs, dressing up Racks, setting up AVRs and their apps, etc.

4. To be able to lift at least 50 lbs, work on a ladder at least 8ft tall, and work in confined spaces (attics, crawlspaces, wiring chases).

5. Your own set of hand-tools and some basic power tools (i.e., cordless drill)

6. Control4 Tech II Installer Certification

7. Must be able to interact directly with customers and work independently

8. Advanced experience with all aspects of Residential Data Networks including: the difference between Fiber, DSL and Cable, how to setup whole-house wireless networks, all the possible ways to stream content, trouble-shooting networked components, etc.

Other skills/experiences that are not required but would be welcomed include:

1. Experience in Designing/Installing Security Systems

2. Experience in Designing/Installing Phone/Intercom Systems

3. Experience in Designing/Programming Lighting Systems such as Radio RA2 or Homeworks

4. Experience in Designing/Installing Commercial Systems (i.e. PA Systems, 70V Audio Systems, etc.)

This is an hourly position with a minimum of 30hrs scheduled per week at $25/hour (actual hours paid determined by time clock). Time and a half will be paid over 8 hours a day, over 40 hours a week or during any Holidays where work is scheduled. For each week where 40+ hours have been worked, 1.8 hours of vacation will be earned. The schedule will vary from week to week so hours scheduled will not always be the same. Vacation hours can be accrued up for up to two years from initial hire date at which point they will max out and no longer accrue. Use of vacation hours must be approved by President/CEO prior to being taken. Pay days are on the 20th and 5th of each month for hourly employees. Mileage is reimbursed at 55.5 cents per mile (when not driving company van). A company credit card is provided for job expenses. Company Cell Phone and Laptop will be provided. Technospeak is open Monday to Saturday of each week. Company Holidays where time and half would be paid for any scheduled jobs are as follows:

• New Years Day – 1/1/13

• Memorial Day – 5/27/13

• Independence Day – 7/4/13

• Thanksgiving Day – 11/27/13

• Christmas Day – 12/25/13

TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SEND US A RESUME ALONG WITH PICTURES OF THE TOP 3 INSTALLS YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF AS WELL AS THE TOP 3 CONTROL4 PROGRAMMING JOBS YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF. WE WILL NEED BOTH THE RESUME AND SAMPLES OF YOUR INSTALL AND PROGRAMMING WORK TO CONSIDER YOU.

Employment will be probationary for first 90 days prior to official hire so we can judge your performance in the field.

Our office is located in Inglewood, CA (just south of Hollywood Park), and the majority of our project work is in the Westside and West Valley. We will take projects however from Calabasas, to Yorba Linda to Coto De Caza, so we cover a large area. Thanks for considering us!

• 3 weeks later...
2 vacation hours a week and 25 an hour in la. That isn't exactly competitive.

Is $25/hr. a good wage ANYWHERE (other than a 3rd world country)?

That's $52,000 per year GROSS, assuming 52 weeks working 40 hours week. Hard to get by on that these days...

It's a TECHNICIAN position (non-degreed by ancient definition). Anyone who is "crack" will rise up the pay-scale as a rule.

sjanz- my guess is you will burn through individuals at warp-speed. No Cinco de Mayo, no workie.

Actually some of us do live on that wage, but I for one work many more than 40 hours a week :(

That's $52' date='000 per year GROSS, assuming 52 weeks working 40 hours week. Hard to get by on that these days...[/quote']

That's $52' date='000 per year GROSS, assuming 52 weeks working 40 hours week. Hard to get by on that these days...[/quote']

Yes, lots of cops, firefighters and teachers live on this kind of wage just fine. Then there are millions who don't even come close to that.

We all wish everyone made double that, or more, but part of the reason we are not competitive on the world stage is because our labor costs are through the roof for what people are doing. I know union laborers, in big cities, making $45 an hour straight.

^You're not serious are you? How many walking individuals do you think are in LA right this minute salivating over that $800/wk paycheck come tomorrow?

It's a TECHNICIAN position (non-degreed by ancient definition). Anyone who is "crack" will rise up the pay-scale as a rule.

+1

I`m from the Uk and to me the issues are -

You need to pay a minimum of 40 hours a week

We get 2 days vacations for every mth worked

If we work the vacations days you list we would get paid double time plus a extra days holiday.

Your wage is fair.

In today's job market, good people are hard to get, so you have to sell you and your company.

I take it no one as applied for the Job ?

• 3 months later...

Archived