C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmers, switch and 6 button solid green

Installed 10 used dimmers, switches and 6 button keypad. After installation and power up single blue LED. I had them leave the mesh 13-4-13 and 4 of them came back both lights solid green. They are unable identify / join my mesh (Channel 25) by 4 presses, holding down 4+ seconds. Set Network Tools to Join Using: HC1000 (director). 9-9-9 or 15 top taps reset, but them I'm back to both solid green.

Does leaving mesh or reset change ZP channel?

Thanks.

If a devices aren't identified into the system yet, joining them to the network wont do much - they'll be kicked back off after a bit. Make sure you try to actually identify them (this will also set the mesh to allow join by the way, no need to set it separately).

Some older devices have issues joining on channel 25 - set you channel to 14, and see if they identify then. Can be set back to 25 afterwards (but best to wait unitill everything had time to run a firmware update.

Thank you. Channel 14 was the trick for 2 of the dimmers and the 6 button. Now to try other channels for the 2 or 3 left. It would be nice if channel identification worked for these.

Generally 14 works best, but try the below 20 channels first.

Not ember and got the other 2 after a firmware update. 1 dimmer left and it's not leaving the mesh 13-4-13. No double green LED, just single blue and it will reset with a 9-9-9 and top tap 15. I've never had one not respond to leave the mesh. Don't think it's Ember because I let the upgrade run full cycle and nothing was upgraded. Thanks so much for the help guys. I think at one point we all wanted to have choice words for the engineers who thought up these crazy tap codes!

I think at one point we all wanted to have choice words for the engineers who thought up these crazy tap codes!

Well, when you can program things to happen on single, double, triple taps - you need a sequence that no one would program that would wipe out settings, delete it from the mesh, etc on accident.

they dont sound ember, just unidentified thru composer

c4 starts with channel 11 and works its way up

OK, I guess that's where I was going with that one. Doesn't matter what channel, the controller will cycle-up to it??

If the devices are on ZigBee Pro, they'll set their own channel when they search for the mesh.

Whatever channel the first "accepting connections" mesh is on, it'll find it, and join that mesh.

Then, if the controller hosting the mesh changes channels, it broadcasts the new channel info, then switches channels. The devices that get the broadcast switch immediately, any devices that missed the broadcast, for any reason (i.e. it was off, like a remote, or an upstream device changed channels before it got the message) will search for the mesh they belong to when they realize they can't find it on the previous channel.

It's all handled automatically from an installer / user perspective.

RyanE

Archived