C4 Forums | Control4

How do you have your media player networked?

I currently have my popcorn hour, the HC250 that is in the room I'm streaming to, and the Synology NAS hooked up to my netgear gigabit router. The C300 popcorn hour has a hdmi cable running to the room I'm streaming to. I am having issues when I stream blu-rays with the video freezing and then fast forwarding to catch back up with the sound. I was going to move all three devices to a gigabit switch instead of running through the router directly tonight.

How does everyone else have theirs hooked up?

NAS/Dune/HC800

|

gig switch

|

router

Typically, routers don't make very good switches for that kind of thing. They are more along the lines of a gateway device IMO. I always try to offload lan traffic to a switch if I can help it.

I hooked everything up to the gigabit switch and I'm still having the same issue when streaming hd blu-ray rips. What format is everyone streaming? I currently have all my blu-rays ripped to mkv files.

My setup is nearly identical to yours. If you check the PCH-300 forums, you'll see that the audio sync issue is a bug with certain file formats. It's a couple of really long posts, but I believe the resolution was having to re-encode the files, and the problem was with an incompatibility between PCH-300 and the specific encoding format.

Fear I don't use the Popcorn myself, so can't help you there.

Beyond saying - when ripping discs, which is considered gray area at best - try not to use a cracked version to crack protection.

Not saying you are but just dealt with one client that had issues with a different media player and it was because he was using a cracked version of AnyDVD...

Archived