C4 Forums | Control4

Link 6 Button to Lighting Load

I know that linking a lighting load is possible through binding in composerPro but is there any way to do something similar in ComposerHE. I want to link a 6 button to a lighting load in my project. Is there a driver that can do this or a way to do it through programming?

Thanks,

Matt

A proper binding is the way to go, but via programming you can have the press and release on a 6-button programmed to press/release the "toggle button" on any light.

This won't be nearly as smooth and accurate though.

My opinion is that it's mainly because it's much easier to make ComposerHE by disallowing *all* connections (bindings) than to make it granular enough to allow you to still make the kinds of bindings that make sense in HE (like these you're discussing) and disallowing things that a dealer wouldn't want end users to mess with (addresses, A/V bindings, room bindings, etc.), all of which can seriously mess up a project.

Sorry.

RyanE

There should still be some way to do it because of how essential it is to creating lighting scenes and programming 6 and 3 button keypads. I would have thought it would already be integrated into ComposerHE because it is such as simple and vital thing.

Archived