C4 Forums | Control4

Phillips Hue

So I was listening to a podcast, one of the TWiT podcasts I think, and they mentioned the Phillips Hue. I've seen it at the Apple Store, but haven't thought much of it honestly. After hearing about it online though, it seemed like it would be something really cool to be integrated into Control4.

I'm obviously not the first person to think of this, so I did a little searching online and found a site www.c4store.com - they sell a driver that integrates the Hue and Control4, which seems REALLY cool and they have a couple of other drivers.

My first question - has anyone played with this driver before? How's the integration?

My second question - does anyone know anything about this site c4store.com? Their home notify driver seems cool too and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience there.

So this might sound like a strange reason to want the Hues, but in my media room I'm using some dimmable LEDs to reduce the temp/use less power in the room. I get a horrible humming when I try to dim them, and while they are dimmable, they don't dim that well. I was hoping that offloading the dimming to the Hues would resolve the humming, allow them to dim through the full range AND have the effect of changing the colors in the room.

I know this is always a sore point on this message board, but I figured I'd ask so I don't have to bother my normal dealer about it - anyone know the cost for this driver after I spent $200 bucks on the kit and another $60 on an extra light?

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm using the driver now and it works well. But every time I use the driver to start a scene with the Hue lights, the lights come on in sequence as they're programmed, not all together. Any way to resolve that?

• 2 weeks later...

So the Hue app supports geofencing. Is there anyway for that trigger to communicate that status to C4 using either of the available drivers to get C4 to respond to geofencing? I tried looking at the options in the geofencing thread and nothing there looks too promising.

Archived