C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Switch as volume control

turls

I cannot figure out how to program a C4 switch to do up and down volume control without it also triggering the default switch behavior (powering on or off the load) when I press and hold the button. What am I doing wrong?

Its like the default mechanical behavior cannot be overridden, but this can't be true can it?

How does this give you what you needed in the first place which is lighting control??? You can't programmatically detach & attach. Also, I don't see how D-Tap is going to work for the same reason. It's either going to be one or the other. If your OK with that then go ahead and uncheck the box.

How does this give you what you needed in the first place which is lighting control??? You can't programmatically detach & attach. Also, I don't see how D-Tap is going to work for the same reason. It's either going to be one or the other. If your OK with that then go ahead and uncheck the box.

No, but you have the programming adjust the light just like it would normally.

I have done this before. I use the LED colors to indicate whether it's in volume control mode or light control mode.

Works great. When you want it to work like the dimmer, it works like the dimmer just fine.

In my case it is controlling a low amp floor heating circuit (basically powering on and off a digital thermostat that doesn't hold time through power cycles, so that was a bust), which shouldn't have even been done the way it was, but that's partially my fault. I will almost never control this load from the switch. It was always going to be controlled through programming.

So it really doesn't need to do anything for me besides audio control 99.9% of the time. I will leave triple tap as load control just for the heck of it.

Kind of glad now I have the switc--everything else in the room is a dimming load so it puts this worthless switch to work.

How does this give you what you needed in the first place which is lighting control??? You can't programmatically detach & attach. Also' date=' I don't see how D-Tap is going to work for the same reason. It's either going to be one or the other. If your OK with that then go ahead and uncheck the box.[/quote']

I have done this before. I use the LED colors to indicate whether it's in volume control mode or light control mode.

Works great. When you want it to work like the dimmer, it works like the dimmer just fine.

So what you are saying is that the relay can still be programmatically actuated under buttons detached? How are switching modes from Light to Volume?

How does this give you what you needed in the first place which is lighting control??? You can't programmatically detach & attach. Also' date=' I don't see how D-Tap is going to work for the same reason. It's either going to be one or the other. If your OK with that then go ahead and uncheck the box.[/quote']

So what you are saying is that the relay can still be programmatically actuated under buttons detached? How are switching modes from Light to Volume?

I switch it with a double tap of either the top of bottom. Additionally, when the music turns on it switches to volume control, and when the music turns off it switches back to light control. I can't remember the list time I switched it from one to the other using a double tap...because it automatically does it based on what I said above.

And yes, the relay can still be controlled via programming when the buttons are detached. It basically makes it a load controlling two button keypad.

switch's still have there place, some loads cannot be dimmed at all, even when set to 100%, the dimmer is still chopping up the power, a switch is just a set of contacts.

There's a thread dedicated to it, but you are not supposed to use dimmers with Flourescent lighting. Too much of an amp rush and they aren't rated for it.

Archived