C4 Forums | Control4

EV Sonos Question

cashmoney

So I'm curious about something... Everytime I choose to play one of my Sonos Favorites from the "Station" section on MyHome a specific sonos player is always choosen regardless of what room im in.

That is if I'm in the living room, on MyHome, and go to [Listen] -> [stations] -> [myselection], then the backyard sonos player is always utilized even though I'm in a different room.

Its not a huge deal but I'd prefer the sonos choosen is the one associated with the room.

Of course this may all be changing once the new EV Driver is released, when ever that is...

One thing I found with the EV Sonos driver is you have to follow the installation instructions to the letter. They explain which items to hide under which navigator categories, just a single copy of the clouds but a driver for each Sonos device, etc. I'm not one for reading the directions but after adding and deleting drivers three or four times, I went through the documentation line by line and then it worked fine.

Its been figured out, my dealer had labels and MAC addresses mixed up.

That'll do it - the situation you described had to be either MAC addresses wrong or corruption in the project. C4 does a reasonably good job of choosing the correct player when it's the end point for the room.

Archived