C4 Forums | Control4

SMTP Driver that supports StartTLS for Microsoft Live.com SMTP Servers

David

you becoming a driver machine :) would love to test the smart tv drivers, have a Samsung led smart tv and always thought to myself a network driver would be better than the normal IR driver ....

Let me know if you need testers

Sent from my Nokia 925 Windows 8 Phone

The TVProxy driver will just be a go between that sits between any source and a Video endpoint. The idea is that it will send commands direct to the Tv upon pressing of a key, eg the # key, which means no more switching to do quick changes to the TV.

Access Smarthub on Samsungs, going into setup menus, accepting skype calls etc.

I have looked at an ip driver but samsung turn the port off when the tv is off although there is a way around it but involves taking the back of the tv!!

I would be great to get access to the on board media player in the tv via C4. Streaming direct from C4 media to the smart tv.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if asked and answered but I didn't see it through a quick skim here.  I previously was using the EV MyMovies driver.  I removed that and set up the Stonetree MyMovies driver.  The problem is, every time I try a force update it properly lists all the titles in the output window but then says nothing to update.  I've cleaned out everything in the media section and even deleted the driver (from Composer, from the controller /etc/c4i folder. from the controller /control4/drivers/stonetree folder), removed the network storage driver, rebuilt the database on the MyMovies side, then reinstalled everything and it still says nothing to update. 

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Eric

Before I buy the SMTP driver from Recluse A/V, can you tell me if your driver supports the sending of attachments like theirs does?  Looking for a solution to a get a snapshot of the front door upon a press of the doorbell.

Thanks!

Apologies if asked and answered but I didn't see it through a quick skim here.  I previously was using the EV MyMovies driver.  I removed that and set up the Stonetree MyMovies driver.  The problem is, every time I try a force update it properly lists all the titles in the output window but then says nothing to update.  I've cleaned out everything in the media section and even deleted the driver (from Composer, from the controller /etc/c4i folder. from the controller /control4/drivers/stonetree folder), removed the network storage driver, rebuilt the database on the MyMovies side, then reinstalled everything and it still says nothing to update. 

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Eric

Eric,

I'll post the latest versions shortly which fixes some initial install issues.

What controller are you running?

Thanks

David

Before I buy the SMTP driver from Recluse A/V, can you tell me if your driver supports the sending of attachments like theirs does?  Looking for a solution to a get a snapshot of the front door upon a press of the doorbell.

Thanks!

Dan,

Doesn't support attachments yet. 

I'll look at it as I have similar setup with a Doorstation, can you take snapshots with the Doorstation?

Thanks

David

Eric,

I'll post the latest versions shortly which fixes some initial install issues.

What controller are you running?

Thanks

David

Thanks, David.  Controller is an HC800.

By the way, I'm envious of your driver development skills.  If you have any tips and tricks for folks like me that are trying to learn, I'd love to pick your brain.  I'm progressing in my understanding but it's been very slow going.  I love Control4, but the developer support (e.g., dev forums, SDK documentation, etc.) sucks.  I've found I'm learning more by looking through existing drivers and poking around the filesystem on the controller.

Eric

Eric,

If you have questions, please feel free to email me.

I'm going to be out of the office for most of this week, but should be answering emails.

I should know most answers (or if something is not likely to work), and do quite a bit of partner/developer support.

My email is my first initial last name (Erickson) at control4 dot com.

Thanks.

RyanE

Eric,

I'm going to be out of the office for most of this week, but should be answering emails.

I should know most answers (or if something is not likely to work), and do quite a bit of partner/developer support.

Thanks.

RyanE

Ryan,

I'm trying to find the video endpoint for a room within a driverworks driver. Do you know how I can view the bindings for a room? I know that the C4:GetProjectItems will get me the systemitems node but it's the bindings I need. I know I can read the DirectorState.xml file but this is very large.

I have quite a few drivers I am working on and could also do with some pointers. Can I email you also?

Thanks

David

Eric,

Thanks.

RyanE

VERY much appreciated!  I'll keep it to a minimum as I know you're busy but thanks so much.

Archived