C4 Forums | Control4

SMTP Driver that supports StartTLS for Microsoft Live.com SMTP Servers

David

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the late reply - exams are this week and last.  Tried the driver, but it still looks like it is having a hard time sending the right email template.  I think I narrowed it down to sending the first email template regardless of which one I specify.  It even shows that it picked up the right template in the debug, but I end up getting the same one.  I am using Command 1.2.0 and SMTP Client 1.3.1.  Any ideas?

Sorry for the late reply - exams are this week and last.  Tried the driver, but it still looks like it is having a hard time sending the right email template.  I think I narrowed it down to sending the first email template regardless of which one I specify.  It even shows that it picked up the right template in the debug, but I end up getting the same one.  I am using Command 1.2.0 and SMTP Client 1.3.1.  Any ideas?

Have made some changes to both drivers so will upload latest bundle.

What controller are you running on?

Thanks 

David

Linux home-controller-1000-001CC0XXXXXX 2.6.28.10-16 #16-hc1000v2.1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 2 01:25:05 MDT 2013 i686 GNU/Linux

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)

/dev/sdb1 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=continue,data=ordered)

proc on /proc type proc (rw)

/sys on /sys type sysfs (rw)

tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)

tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)

tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw)

usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

/dev/sda1 on /mnt/internal type ext3 (rw,errors=continue,data=ordered)

/dev/sda2 on /mnt/media type ext3 (rw,errors=continue,data=ordered)

//speaker-point-000FFFXXXXXX/media on /media/net/000FFFXXXXXX-speaker-point_media type cifs (rw,mand,unc=\speaker-point-000FFFXXXXXX\media,username=,uid=0,gid=0,file_mode=02767,dir_mode=0777,rsize=8104,wsize=8104)

//home-controller-500-000FFFXXXXXX/media on /media/net/000FFFXXXXXX-home-controller-500_media type cifs (rw,mand,unc=\home-controller-500-000FFFXXXXXX\media,username=,uid=0,gid=0,file_mode=02767,dir_mode=0777,rsize=16384,wsize=57344)

//home-controller-300-000FFFXXXXXX/media on /media/net/000FFFXXXXXX-home-controller-300_media type cifs (rw,mand,unc=\home-controller-300-000FFFXXXXXX\media,username=,uid=0,gid=0,file_mode=02767,dir_mode=0777,rsize=16384,wsize=57344)

I can't seem to get this working. Is there a minimum hardware requirement? I'm on an HC-500 with 2.5.2.

I have not tested on an hc-500 but have on an hc-300

I'll upload latest version which does run on an hc-300 for you to try.

Could you ssh on to your controller and run -:

mount; uname -a

This will tell the architecture of your hc-500

Thank you

David

I´m still getting the info that some files are missing. Both on SMTP and Mymovies-driver.

I keep seeing this when the Command driver fails to load the latest version.

The latest Command driver should be 1.3.0 and is in the Driver Bundle thread. I'll also update the Downloads section.

For some reason you need to SSH onto the controller and do an "rm /etc/c4i/Stonetree_Command.c4i" to manually remove the driver file and then reload in Composer.

As far as I know I am incrementing version numbers and dates etc. correctly so if someone knows what I'm doing wrong please tell.

Thanks

David

I'd say that first of all, putting a bunch of commands in a driver that's required to be loaded separately from the driver itself is your first mistake.

Better to make a 'build' process that packages all the modules and utilities needed into the single driver.

RyanE

I'd say that first of all, putting a bunch of commands in a driver that's required to be loaded separately from the driver itself is your first mistake.

Better to make a 'build' process that packages all the modules and utilities needed into the single driver.

RyanE

I can do that but many of the functions are used by the other drivers and I have more on the way.

I don't understand why if incrementing the version number and the date why the driver does not update?

I there anything else that needs doing to the driver to ensure the correct version is loaded?

Thanks

David

I can do that but many of the functions are used by the other drivers and I have more on the way.

I don't understand why if incrementing the version number and the date why the driver does not update?

I there anything else that needs doing to the driver to ensure the correct version is loaded?

Thanks

David

I have run into this problem while testing my drivers as well. It's frustrating and time consuming. Ive been able to overcome it without having to SSH into the controller by fully deleting the driver from the driver manager in composer. Exiting composer. Then reinstalling. I like to put a driver version field in the properties page so I can be sure the appropriate version is loaded. While the idea of having a library of commands is nice, I think Ryan is right, it's probably more stable if you just integrated everything into the driver.

Certainly updating the version number and then doing an update of the driver *should* get the new version, but I agree, there's something odd going on with updating in 2.5.  I believe there's a defect in on it, but I'm not on the core or dealer tools team to know much about it.  Sorry.

As far as putting additional functions in a different driver, you don't really gain anything, since you can't directly call those functions, you have to cross from Lua to C++ back to Lua (since each driver has it's own Lua state, there's no sharing of code between drivers), and then back again.  It complicates your driver delivery, versioning, etc. a *lot*, and can introduce defects during that transition.

RyanE

Glad it's not just me with the driver updating issues.

I hear what your saying ref sharing code but what I've done is actually written other Lua modules to the Command driver sandbox. There is quite a lot of code and also some compiled code that I use to parse XML data. I know there is a C4 command to do this but I found it very very slow on large XML files.

Also this allows me to use the built in SSL modules on the controller whose functions don't all work from the embedded Lua interpreter in Director and so allows me to do the SMTP negotiations and also connect to other SSL services which require upgradeable connections.

I could break all the code up and put copies into each driver but that would make maintainability a pain later on, especially as I grow the driver bundle.

Dependencies will become an issue so I will make sure on versioning etc. That I see as the main downside.

Thanks

David

Thanks Dan,

RyanE, any help is greatly appreciated and respected.

Is there any more material/docs on driver coding etc. beyond the SDK? I find myself looking at existing drivers to understand how things are put together which is a little long winded albeit a good exercise.

I'm particularly interested in GUI interface development. I've been looking at the TuneIn driver for starters, are there any other good examples?

Thanks

David

• 2 weeks later...

Any more updates on this driver?

Have made some minor changes and fixed some issues with finding user agent emails.

Will be posting a new bundle shortly with some more drivers. Have written a Sky+HD driver with serial feed back that updates the Navigator media info and also working in a TV proxy driver that interfaces between the Tv and source device to allow direct control of the Tv whilst on another source, useful for smartTvs and 3d etc.

Thanks

David

Have made some minor changes and fixed some issues with finding user agent emails.

Will be posting a new bundle shortly with some more drivers. Have written a Sky+HD driver with serial feed back that updates the Navigator media info and also working in a TV proxy driver that interfaces between the Tv and source device to allow direct control of the Tv whilst on another source, useful for smartTvs and 3d etc.

Thanks

David

you becoming a driver machine :) would love to test the smart tv drivers, have a Samsung led smart tv and always thought to myself a network driver would be better than the normal IR driver ....

Let me know if you need testers

Sent from my Nokia 925 Windows 8 Phone

Archived