C4 Forums | Control4

EV MyMovies + C4 Dune = file format not supported?????

troyfrezze

So the Dune HD base 3D that I ordered last week from DD came in and we got it setup and installed. We're so far only using the EV MyMovies driver and the Media Center driver. Dune is the C4 driver and I've also downloaded and installed the driver from Dune's website.

I can control the Dune via C4 without issue and the EV drivers do show connected to my media center and I can control it (when in media center) and the mymovies driver has populated my C4 gui so far. Still working out a few kinks with folders and such to get them pulled in, but everything seems to be working fine.

So here is the problem. When I use the C4 GUI and click on "movies" and it populates the screen with my movies (all of which are hosted on a single NAS). I scroll through, select a movie I want to watch and hit play. The file attempts to load on the Dune but I get "file format not supported".

I started with the files on the NAS and the C4 NFS configured to point to the HC800's video folder as per the instructions. Configured the MyMovies collection Management software to point to the NAS for scanning and with the path to it set as NFS, and then cleared the data for the Dune AA and then updated everything.

Still getting "file format not supported"

Reviewed the LUA and a few other things. Went on the Dune itself (with latest firmware) and told it to go to network file storage and pull up my NAS. It didn't see the "movies" folder under that. Went back out and checked SMB and then under workgroup it see's the NAS with all folders. I could pull up and play any video format without issue.

Went back and redid the settings so that the C4 NFS was now pointed to the NAS movies folder instead, and with a configured username and password. Then went and redid the settings in mymovies and tried again. Still getting "file format not supported".

Any help from anyone here? Is it something to do with the configuration? Does the EV MyMovies driver require you to use the EV Dune driver to make it work?

On that note, how on earth do you get the MyMovies App to even work within the Dune? I can't find any documentation on this that is current. Dune has some data on their website, along with images but it's all post MyMovies working. Just shows me selecting it, but I don't have any way to select it in my current build??

You must use the EV dune driver in order to choose the Movie from the C4 interface.  The file locations are encrypted in C4 by EVs MyMovies driver so it will only read to an EV media player driver (like the Dune, Popcorn Hour, or Windows Media Center). 

If you were to remove the Dune driver from the project, the movie should play through Windows Media Center (since it's the only media player) if you are using the EV WMC driver and the file is actually a playable file through WMC.

Two things:

-1 Yes, you MUST use the EV Dune Driver to makes it work with the EV MyMovies driver. - This is most likely your issue (it prob triggers that error due to the encryption used on those drivers) BUT:

-2 Having all the proper drivers, as such, will not make the Dune magically support a file format it previously - do make sure that if you're ripping movies etc that you have them in a format supported by Dune.

I was about to add MyMovies using the EV driver but was reminded by my dealer that I need to change my existing Dune B1 driver to EV (currently its DD like yours and was free when I purchased my B1) to make it work. I ended up not doing it but still use MyMovies when I select Dune as my source.

Fair point, but we were mainly answering the question asked ;)

Indeed I use neither myself, as I've found MyMovies just doesn't do a good enough job (the main product not the drivers) - I've got my whole database completely hand-created, because I'm that picky :blink:

I know you were answering the question, and I was going to provide the same response except someone beat me to it.

So I figured I'd try and idea that wouldn't include breaking out the pocket book.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

I know you were answering the question, and I was going to provide the same response except someone beat me to it.

So I figured I'd try and idea that wouldn't include breaking out the pocket book.

You'd still be paying to some degree, to use MyMovies for either option you still need to buy the 'points' from MyMovies to have the appropriate 'status'.

But hey less sure is better if you get the same quality, perhaps some users of David's driver can post some feedback? I briefly tested it in the early stages, but in the end my library didn't lend itself to MyMovies very well, plus I got caught up in a million other things as well.

Why don't you guys try the FREE and UNENCRYPTED MyMovies driver that a user created and posted here a couple of weeks ago?

I may have to go that route. I had already ordered the EV Drivers when he had posted that. Now that I would need to go back and get more EV drivers just to make this work, I shall look into his driver solution now and see if that works.

Testing out the driver tonight. Once I learned that the EV My movies driver required me then go back and purchase their dune driver which was freely available from Dune and C4, It kind of makes me not want to mess with it anymore. Thanks for the support up to this point!

Got the driver installed and it's working with little issue as far as the LUA showing it's pulling my movies info. My problem is I'm not seeing it actually populate my database. I'm not getting any data uploaded into the C4 GUI and no cover photos, ect.

So I'm hoping that I don't need to go the way of the EV driver, but it might happen.

Got the driver installed and it's working with little issue as far as the LUA showing it's pulling my movies info. My problem is I'm not seeing it actually populate my database. I'm not getting any data uploaded into the C4 GUI and no cover photos, ect.

So I'm hoping that I don't need to go the way of the EV driver, but it might happen.

A few things to try as I had the same issue. 

1) If you haven't already, delete the network storage driver that EV used in the project and create a new one

2) Set the auto scan interval to 2 or something like that

3) Do a metadata clean from MyMovies then performing a metadata update.

Not sure which (if any of those) did the trick for me but it started populating today.

Yea, No I actually got it to work. I updated the other thread with what I did to make it work and what we found was the problem. Didn't think to update this one.

Scanned in Despicable Me 2 last night. Hadn't even finished ripping it to my NAS before it was populated and ready for watch on the Dune and C4 gui's.

Archived