C4 Forums | Control4

Bose v35 serial driver not working

hello, I am hoping someone can help me. I am connected from controller IR1 to data port of bose v35.. certified driver for bose V35 (serial) driver is installed but I have no control of bose from remote or composer.

Controller is HC-250 ver 2.5.2

Any advice?

I'm pretty sure I've got the v35 driver I just can't locate it at the moment.  Personally, I'd make my own which is what you suggested doing.  You most likely could have been up & running a week ago... 

I don't care what people say about IR, it works and all of my IR-controlled stuff has worked for many years now.  The only snag I've had was with alternate method of control.

Heh, plus Bose's units aren't great at being IR controlled either....but yeah that may be the course of action. Do note that the Bose serial driver has documentation on how to set up the bose, as well as what ground, tx and rx are so that you hook these up correctly.

Well, pin outs will get him about 1/100 of the way there I suppose.  Still don't agree that serial is the way he should go with such a simple box to control.  I have complete Karaoke systems here operating all on IR.  Never an issue and no need for feedback.  Now, if there is some specific issue with Bose and IR then I can't answer to that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived