C4 Forums | Control4

Help! - Large Project and DIY Options

I am looking for some Control4 programming and deployment assistance. I have a small C4 deployment (HC250 and SR250) that operates my home theater. I bought the first components I had from Best Buy and it took months to get just basic feature working. I am shocked at how painful the experience has been. I had big plans and in fact as part of the original purchase I bought additional controllers (HC250, 2x - HC300, HC200) that I wanted to get connected and programed as part of my project. I would like to eventually add lighting, doors, garage, security, and temperature control as well. I own most of the equipment and will purchase anything that I'm missing. I have called a couple local dealers and have either run into extremely high programming costs to come in after Best Buy (4x - 8x times the hardware costs I have already) or no call back at all from the dealer. I am a technical person and would like to get some help on two things:

First, if I have everything physically connected to my network and great documentation of what is connected to what (HDMI, Component, Serial, IR, etc.), can I not find a reasonable programmer that can do most of this remotely?

Second, how can I acquire the tools necessary to do the job? I am comfortable paying for training, becoming a member of Development program, or whatever other means there are for getting into a DIY or similar experience.

Sorry for the long post, but please be patient with me. I'm new to these topics. I wanted to give a full picture. I have a very strong desire to learn and eventually give back to the community.

i would use neil12011

i used to help remotely, but got to busy.....neil helped me out, plus he's well known here

Neil's an ok guy from what I hear :)

Seriously, if you need help Senator, drop me an email, this is my bread and butter.

neil_control4@yahoo.com

Thank you so much for the info. I am going to reach out to the recommended folks and see what we can make happen. I am also interested in options to eventually be able to do this myself. It seems like that topic (ComposerPro is the tool I believe) is somewhat taboo, but I'm interested in it none the less. Thanks again for the prompt responses.

Archived