C4 Forums | Control4

Text notification from email

Every time I get a text from my system using the email of (10-digit wireless phone number, followed by @txt.att.net, for example)

They are sequential in origin and not from the same number

xxx-100-031 garage is open

xxx-100-032 garage is open

xxx-100-033 lights left on

Would love to have a single incoming text address if possible so I can label it as "control4"

Is this a normal operation?  Searching provided no results... If you have a link to this I would love to read up on it.

Have you tried calling AT&T? Mine is the same everytime using VZW (although I quit using this and setup an email address for the house, so I can reply and have programming execute based on my reply).

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Have you tried calling AT&T? Mine is the same everytime using VZW (although I quit using this and setup an email address for the house, so I can reply and have programming execute based on my reply).

How can I do this? Are you using a special driver?

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

How can I do this? Are you using a special driver?

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

A combination of two drivers. One to send the emails and another to receive the replies. The one to send is easy. The one to receive was made by Alan Chow. He called it POP3 Email Driver. Track that down and you're good to go. He's got good documentation with it.

If he says it's okay I'll share it with you, but I'm not going to distribute it without his explicit permission.

Mine is the same with VZW as well. You could even save it as a contact this way.

Archived