C4 Forums | Control4

Remote issue

kmonty2

Am I able to add function on to my remote with HE? I want to add another option when I press the watch button. I would like to control the TV not the cable box? Or do I have to have my dealer add it with Pro?

The devices seen under watch are automatically filled in by the system based on if they are considered available (based on video path), the only thing that you can do is hide any sources you don't want to have visible - which is likely what has been done to your TV. This is a fairly standard practice - and unfortunately is something you can only do or undo in ComposerPro, though it's about 2 seconds worth of work and can be easily done remotely.

Thank you for the quick replys. I have no problem calling, just seeing if I could do it myself. I have some switchs that need to be added to so he can do them all at once. It's nice they don't charge me if they are just adding things like that.

The devices seen under watch are automatically filled in by the system based on if they are considered available (based on video path), the only thing that you can do is hide any sources you don't want to have visible - which is likely what has been done to your TV. This is a fairly standard practice - and unfortunately is something you can only do or undo in ComposerPro, though it's about 2 seconds worth of work and can be easily done remotely.

Of course nothing is seen under watch if he's using an SR-150 and I believe he could change what the watch button does with programming. No?

Of course nothing is seen under watch if he's using an SR-150 and I believe he could change what the watch button does with programming. No?

Yes and no - if the TV is hidden, the SR-150 won't cycle through it either.

And while you CAN program whatever 'event' you want to happen under Watch, you still need Pro to change the behavior to 'no action' first, or it's going to be either a mess (on a 250 using default list option) or create odd issues cycling through sources (on a 150 or a 250 set to 'last selected')

Archived