C4 Forums | Control4

Media Scene Q

CFUG

I have two "rooms" in the project that need to turn ON/OFF together.  One room is the physical space w/two ceiling speakers and the other "room" is a Speakerpoint w/subwoofer.  I've assigned a key on a SR-250 to toggle the scene (activate/deactivate).  If the audio starts as just ceiling speakers I can then join the SP with a push of a button, no problem there.  Another press will deactivate the scene but, of course, not remove the SP unless I kill-off the audio program and restart it. 

What can be done to remove the SP zone insitu?  Perhaps a Media Scene is not the best way to handle this.  Is there capability, within Composer, to programatically add/subtract zones on the fly?

On the other side of coin is how to get the same media scene to work in the WATCH mode.  I do like a little bottom-end when watching YouTube music videos.  That currently is not happening...

couldn't you, on the button press, do a variable increment

so media scene number variable +1

if = 1, activate media scene, set current selected device (under room variable) in room two to room 1 - currently selected device.

if = 2, deactivate media scene, turn off "room 2" and set variable to 0

With a little trial and error that might work. Or I might not need to think about programming this late.

Yeah, I'll mess with that idea.  I should have mentioned that my bigger problem is with Media Scenes only working with LISTEN selections and not WATCH selections.  Doesn't seem to be a way around that...

^Yeah that sounds promising Cody.  I'm sure you'll get a laugh out of this but I need to make a "housecall" today to fix an angry Harmony user.  One of the tick list items is lack of proper control of a Roku device.  More user issues than device issues- I'll better understand what dealers go through after today :)

Cody- Post #4 routine works fine for me.  That way I can go boom in any mode I want.  So, now comes the question of loudness control without the need to switch to that subwoofer "room"...

I guess, more of the same and program two more buttons to pulse Vol up/down.

I'm ready to cry here.  Went to kick-on the sub and nothing.  Worked fine last night and not this AM.  Why does my programming work for only a short period of time then crap-out?? Additionally, I'm finding that this strategy doesn't work at all anymore.  I tried calling-up a C4 amp zone to the same SELECTED_DEVICE as the room playing and I get nothing.

I wiped it all out and just tried sending command to set subwoofer CURRENT_DEVICE equal to physical room CURRENT_DEVICE.  That did not work while rolling some digital media.  Only way now is to "add zone" so back to old-school :(

Cody, this was working they way you laid it out for me!  I think you're right about the Speakerpoint not acting like a amp zone.  Let me try this again with two amp zones.  I think there's something in my project preventing this.  I wish I knew more but I never read the instruction manual for Composer :)

CURRENT_DEVICE does in fact work fine at "joining" amp zones and video zones.  I wiped-out all my programming so I can't say what I did to get this to work with a Speakerpoint zone.

• 8 months later...

yeah not sure that there is a way around that. but if you do the "set current selected source" in the second room to the same as the first room, on the button press, that may work for video/audio.

Just wanted to comment that this is an excellent solution!  Thanks

To clean this up a little and make it a little more intuitive. 

On Button Press

if room X is On

deactivate media scene

turn room X off

If  room X is Off

set current selected source room y to room x

activate media scene

corrected order

Archived