C4 Forums | Control4

Driver for Yamaha RXV-1065 AV Receiver

I'm intending to have the above AV receiver integrated into my Control4 system. Does a driver exist anywhere? The amplifier has an IR input on the back.

My installer (UK, East Anglia) is a novice when it comes to AV integration so is talking about writing a driver as one doesn't exist on ExtraVegetables - surely there are other places to get drivers?

Thank you

Respectfully if a simple task such as this is a challenge for your dealer your entire project could be in jeopardy i.e. in danger of being totally messed up. While not common, this has happened to some users on this forum when working with an inexperienced "dealer". Perhaps check with Gary Leeds UK here as he would be able to recommend competent UK dealers.

The other thing to keep in mind is that I am pretty sure that all Yammy AVRs use the same IR frequencies so you could likely use the driver for another model that has pretty much the same inputs as yours, unless you wanted to do some really funky things beyond input switching and volume control.  I have about 4 Yammy AVRs (and one 25+ year old stereo receiver) and I can use one remote for all.

Archived