C4 Forums | Control4

All Devices Disconnect after 2.6 update. After few hours

After updating the system to 2.6, I have to reboot the controller daily.  I loose connectivity from the HC800 to all devices.   I did a complete reset, installed 2.6 again, and same issue.  Has anyone else had this issue and how to resolve it?  To outline a few items on my system,

1. HC800 master controller

2. Two HC300's

3. One HC250

4. Lutron RA2 Lighting System

5. Seven Touch screens 7"

6. Portable with camera touchscreen

7. one five inch screen

8. Honeywell Vista 20ip alarm

9. Netgear 48 port POE switch

I will try to ping the controller and post my reply shortly.  The director is on a static IP already.  All other devices on DHCP. 

I reviewed the documentation and found the 300 can be a slave controller so I doubt that is the issue.  I can still ping the controller.  Errors in the logs simply state all the devices that lose connectivity with it.  I called C4 tech support and they have never heard of this.  Cound something have happened the hc800 during the flash?

To be clear: HC300's can very much be in a project, they just cannot run director.

They CAN run zserver, ZAPcoordinator or ZAP if desired (though as a rule of thumb it's likely better to keep zserver and ZAPco on the 800)

If this is indeed a matter of the HC800 losing connection to everything, the next step would be to see if everything else is still on the network and available to a computer.

Could be something went wrong with the HC800. It happens. However most cases of "everything stops working" is a case of network problems - accidental loopbacks in a switch or between router/switch. Two routers doing DHCP (ie a router once set as an AP only reverting, or airport express turning on DHCP after auto update) are some examples.

I am still able to reach all components after the disconnect occurs.  I did notice 3 drivers were outdated.  I am not sure if this matters.  I updated the drivers.  So far so good but it's only been  afew hours.  I will check tomorrow and let you guys know.

Archived