C4 Forums | Control4

foscam driver

adam333

Yeah, I looked through all their most recent docs, and nada. I think it's just a matter of they pumped out a new product and aren't yet up to date. Going to shoot them an email.

*edit* Just had a series of frustrating calls with their "support", I was told they only offer tech support for installs and such and not the software of the product. I was told to email foscam support, who then replied

Sorry to hear that! In that case, i would suggest contacting the manufacturer at tech@foscam.com, they should be able to assist you.

This camera, as nice as it is, may be going back.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I developed my driver I mostly used the developer tools available in chrome to see what commands were sent to the camera from the web interface to the camera.  It's extremely useful.  The API docs really aren't needed unless you want to do something that the web interface on the camera doesn't do.

• 2 weeks later...

Foscam FINALLY got back to me with an acknowledgement of the issue and a patch to fix it. Sheesh that was like pulling teeth.

I think at this point I can just modify the driver I was using for the other cams to pull the pic from /CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2 instead of /snapshot. Unless there's already one out there that does it?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Nope. I believe I was able to see the image in the app, but not on the OSD

you will not be able to see it on the OSD because the MJPEG feed from Foscam is wacked out.  I have worked with control4 on this and have had no luck.  Foscam has to fix this.  It works on mobile because that is using H264

you will not be able to see it on the OSD because the MJPEG feed from Foscam is wacked out.  I have worked with control4 on this and have had no luck.  Foscam has to fix this.  It works on mobile because that is using H264

Thanks. I don't use the OSD, only the apps so it sounds like I can use the C1 with the C4 iPad app which works for me.

• 7 months later...

Archived