C4 Forums | Control4

foscam driver

adam333

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Msgreenf, will this driver allow me to see video from foscam 8919 or 9821 on my touchscreens and tv GUI? I'm lost at how to get it to work.

Jeff

It works for some models and not others right now. And it doesn't work consistent for touchscreen and tv. I am working w c4 and expect resolution by end of December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Foscam F18910W with a working driver right out of the box, no tweaking needed. The ptz controls are backwards. Eg, ip moves the cam down. Left moves the cam right. Regardless, the driver works and the camera displays on every device I have. Although lower quality than the FI8921W v2, it's great for the price. Maybe someone can edit the driver to make the ptz controls work properly?

I have a Foscam F18910W with a working driver right out of the box, no tweaking needed. The ptz controls are backwards. Eg, ip moves the cam down. Left moves the cam right. Regardless, the driver works and the camera displays on every device I have. Although lower quality than the FI8921W v2, it's great for the price. Maybe someone can edit the driver to make the ptz controls work properly?

Same here, I have a working driver for the 8910w as well.  The only issue is that once it pans/tilts you can only stop it by hitting the preset button 1.  For a $60 camera it's great.  If the h.264 version gets the bugs worked out, it'll be a great add.  

Send me the driver, i'll look at it

Same here, I have a working driver for the 8910w as well.  The only issue is that once it pans/tilts you can only stop it by hitting the preset button 1.  For a $60 camera it's great.  If the h.264 version gets the bugs worked out, it'll be a great add.  

Neil, your driver is missing the stop command that has to be issued after each pan/tilt.  Look at the API docs for Foscam

Same here, I have a working driver for the 8910w as well. The only issue is that once it pans/tilts you can only stop it by hitting the preset button 1. For a $60 camera it's great. If the h.264 version gets the bugs worked out, it'll be a great add.

I have that driver too and had the same issue until I switched to a driver for a different Foscam that worked for the 8910w. The ptz controls are reversed but the camera doesn't keep panning.

So there is no compatible camera for C4 that will give me a live feed on the TS' and onscreens? I thought the Panasonic BL-C130 or something like that would do the trick.

The FI8910w works great on my my touch screens and MyHome apps using a generic Foscam driver. I have it if you want. Ptz controls are reversed but using presets is a good work around and works great

The FI8910w works great on my my touch screens and MyHome apps using a generic Foscam driver. I have it if you want. Ptz controls are reversed but using presets is a good work around and works great

Mark has that driver - he has mine.

So I'm confused mitch..all these people saying it works great, but you have emphatically said that no way does mjpg work for touchscreen, onscreen and MyHome. What gives with all these people saying it works just fine on theirs?

Don't know. It doesn't do mjpg. I know that! But it does work with the my home app (in my testing) and mobile. This leaves ts and onscreen. Not everyone uses these interfaces. I have 0 ts in my house for example. We only use mobile app. So it works for me.

So I'm confused mitch..all these people saying it works great, but you have emphatically said that no way does mjpg work for touchscreen, onscreen and MyHome. What gives with all these people saying it works just fine on theirs?

Mark. I had the same issues as you with Mitch's 9821w v2 driver for the 9821w v2 Foscam. His driver won't stream on touch screens. It probably only streams on android devices. But Mitch's "generic" foscam driver (different than the 9821w v2 driver) works really well with the 9810w camera. I can see live streams on my control 4 10" touch screen and on any MyHome app I use, whether on mobile phone or PC. I recommend you try a Foscam F18910W and use the "generic" driver. Apparently you already have it?

Mark. I had the same issues as you with Mitch's 9821w v2 driver for the 9821w v2 Foscam. His driver won't stream on touch screens. It probably only streams on android devices. But Mitch's "generic" foscam driver (different than the 9821w v2 driver) works really well with the 9810w camera. I can see live streams on my control 4 10" touch screen and on any MyHome app I use, whether on mobile phone or PC. I recommend you try a Foscam F18910W and use the "generic" driver. Apparently you already have it?

I only have 1 driver

• 2 weeks later...

Was anyone able to successfully issue the stop ptz command with any of these drivers? Foscam FI9828 working with exception of gstreamer error on mjpeg and pan/tilt/zoom stop command missing.

My driver has the stop for the h264 cameras

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

OK Msgreenf, 

I've got an offbrand ip camera.  I changed a driver to pull the rtsp stream I can see in VLC:

----------
local rtsp_query_string = "video.h264"

return "<rtsp_h264_query_string>" .. C4:XmlEscapeString(rtsp_query_string) .. "</rtsp_h264_query_string>"
end
----------

But I can't see any video on my phone or the computer app.  I also changed the code for the mjpeg stream to "/Streaming/Channels/2" and set the 2nd stream in the camera for 640x480 15fps mjpeg and that doesn't show either.  When you click get Mjpeg or get h.264 url in composer it says Get URL Failed.

Am I missing something?  I wasted a whole afternoon on this.  Maybe I should have read the directions for driver editor or at least googled LUA but I think this should work.  

rtps://192.168.1.90:554/stream2 works in VLC also for mjpeg stream.  When I test anything in composer it just says Get URL Failed.  Is that what you mean by test the driver?  

It won't let me put anything in to test when it fails.  If I use template code for the driver it lets me paste in the URL and it work per the test but fails with the template code.

This should work: 

--TODO: set value of mjpeg_query_string
    local mjpeg_query_string = "/stream2"

return "<mjpeg_query_string>" .. C4:XmlEscapeString(mjpeg_query_string) .. "</mjpeg_query_string>"
end
maybe without the / before stream2  I will try that again.....  nope that didn't work either.

Archived