C4 Forums | Control4

foscam driver

adam333

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why you have the /11?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good question.  I found a topic in a forum related to my camera on the Foscam site.  Someone contacted support and was told to add that "11".  It worked for that person.  I have no idea why.  

I can write a driver that would work for just your camera...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you need me to find the API for my FI8608W cam?  I did a google search and so far no luck.

Depends what you mean by "works".  I have a diver that works with my 8910's but the functionality is very limited.  It basically just displays the video - can't pan/tilt/etc.  I just upgraded to a 9821 and am looking forward to trying msgreenf's driver. 

Are there any cameras that allow 2 way audio with control4 (other than intercom)?  My Foscam does but only through the Tiny Cam Pro app on my mobile phone.  I can hear whats happening on the other end and then select mic on the app to send audio back.

good question.  I found a topic in a forum related to my camera on the Foscam site.  Someone contacted support and was told to add that "11".  It worked for that person.  I have no idea why.  

Do you need me to find the API for my FI8608W cam?  I did a google search and so far no luck.

I have a Foscam FI9821W which is an H264 camera.  I know my driver will work with any h264 camera.  I got the documentation for the API from the foscam forum.

I now have the same ip camera as you (FI9821W V2) but I can't get any video to stream on the navigators.  I just see a snapshot.  Do I need to set up the video quality for the Mainstream and Substream first?  In composer, Snapshot URL passes, Mjpeg DOES NOT pass, but H.264 passes.  How does composer determine the quality of video that streams on the navigators?

I now have the same ip camera as you (FI9821W V2) but I can't get any video to stream on the navigators. I just see a snapshot. Do I need to set up the video quality for the Mainstream and Substream first? In composer, Snapshot URL passes, Mjpeg DOES NOT pass, but H.264 passes. How does composer determine the quality of video that streams on the navigators?

You need to setup the substream and lower the resolution.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Msgreef, I have a HikVision camera system, that uses both H264 and RSTP over port 554 or even http. Can I try your driver see if it works if it does not work I would like to work with you to build one that would? Let me know.

Sent from my Nokia 930

It won't work for anything but foscam. If you have api doc I would be happy to look at it and see what I can do.

Please let me know the steps. My dealer and I are using your driver and running into issues. Thanks!

I just set up my 2nd camera and the only the only thing I did was set the substream resolution lower and upgraded the firmware. What issues?

Just got a 2nd camera so I can document all the setup steps.

I just set up my 2nd camera and the only the only thing I did was set the substream resolution lower and upgraded the firmware. What issues?

I appreciate the help.  I look forward to hearing the steps.  Also, you did mention before about setting the substream resolution lower of the foscam, but what was the exact resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc..?  I've tried lowering those settings but how low do I need to go?  Whats the best possible resolution and settings to use before I will start running into issues?  I could not find the right setting after numerous attempts.  I even upgraded to the latest firmware.  Also, (from composer) should I be logging in as admin to the camera or should I create a new user and password WITH or WITHOUT admin priveledges?  I tried multiple combinations of logins (from composer) with different foscam substream resolution settings with no success so I had to throw in the towel for now.  All I see on the navigators is a screen shot and no live image.  I value your help.  Thanks.

I appreciate the help.  I look forward to hearing the steps.  Also, you did mention before about setting the substream resolution lower of the foscam, but what was the exact resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc..?  I've tried lowering those settings but how low do I need to go?  Whats the best possible resolution and settings to use before I will start running into issues?  I could not find the right setting after numerous attempts.  I even upgraded to the latest firmware.  Also, (from composer) should I be logging in as admin to the camera or should I create a new user and password WITH or WITHOUT admin priveledges?  I tried multiple combinations of logins (from composer) with different foscam substream resolution settings with no success so I had to throw in the towel for now.  All I see on the navigators is a screen shot and no live image.  I value your help.  Thanks.

Here are my instructions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8q82lsfl8woq3jm/instructions.docx?dl=0

Privilege level doesn't matter.  Any account should work.  Which navigator are using where you are only seeing screen shot?  

Archived