C4 Forums | Control4

foscam driver

adam333

Lilin tech support (Very helpful people - really great support) told me that if a camera is h264 and ONVIF it can probably "be hacked" into working on their NVR but its not officially supported.  He seemed willing to help but I had some other issues that needed fixing, which they fixed but it was a long call so I decided maybe one day soon I'll call back to see if I can get them to help with the Foscams. He said they have a "vague list" of some 3rd party cameras that are supported but nothing is a guarantee. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Foscam's are nice, but man are they a pain in the arse. This one is going back. I'm going to try the Panasonics. Any recommendations on the Panny's? Maybe they will work better.

I have 2 Foscam's that are super! Got my 2nd one running in under 5 minutes

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Interesting Mike.  I have the fi9821W and it works fine remotely via the iOS or Android, but not on the TS'.  I followed your instructions to the letter and it showed me a little screenshot and couldn't get fullscreen.  Went back in and it was gone and no picture - just a black screen.  Through the Foscam app it's fine also.  The mpeg fails everytime, but h264 tests fine.  Not sure what other setting it could be, but like I said, followed your instructions to the letter - latest firmware and everything.

Interesting Mike. I have the fi9821W and it works fine remotely via the iOS or Android, but not on the TS'. I followed your instructions to the letter and it showed me a little screenshot and couldn't get fullscreen. Went back in and it was gone and no picture - just a black screen. Through the Foscam app it's fine also. The mpeg fails everytime, but h264 tests fine. Not sure what other setting it could be, but like I said, followed your instructions to the letter - latest firmware and everything.

Hmmm. Does your camera support mjpeg? The touchscreens and on screen only use MJPG

Hmmm. Does your camera support mjpeg? The touchscreens and on screen only use MJPG

I still have the same issue as Mark with using Foscam FI9821W.  The MJPG test always fails in composer 2.6 using your driver.  Neither does a video image display on my 7" touch screen or MyHome on the PC or the navigator from the controller connected to the TV.  When I double click the driver in composer, I do see live video when selecting H264 but not MJPG.  Could it be possible that the driver needs to be edited for the MJPG url?  Like Mark and I said, that MJPG test fails in composer everytime.  Screen shot and H264 tests are fine.

I'd be willing to try a different one

The MJPG problem is a problem with C4.  If you look at the failure details it should say a problem with gstreamer.  I am working with control4 on this issue.  

If you want to give me remote access to your camera, I will try to see if your camera is any different? just PM me the details.

The MJPG problem is a problem with C4. If you look at the failure details it should say a problem with gstreamer. I am working with control4 on this issue.

If you want to give me remote access to your camera, I will try to see if your camera is any different? just PM me the details.

I remember something about the g streamer being an issue with C4 in a different forum for this camera. Also, I noticed that the video sub stream settings in foscam's Web gui (using chrome) doesn't save properly. Every time I log back in, the video settings are back to default. I guess you could try looking at my camera remotely. PM me your details

off topic, but relevant, can you use a TS with a Camera as a camera?  So if I wanted to monitor from app or MyHome and have it show up in the grid as a location, can I do that?  Can't seem to find a way, but it seems like it would be possible.

Mark

not that I am aware of!

The MJPG problem is a problem with C4.  If you look at the failure details it should say a problem with gstreamer.  I am working with control4 on this issue.  

This is exactly what I am getting using a foscam driver with an off brand camera called Sricam. Using Fiddler2 I was able to grab urls and put those in the foscam driver.  It functions on pc and mac navigator entirely. Only the thumbnail and PTZ controls  work in mobile device navigator and Controller on screen navigators. Cant get full screen video to work. I get the error above when I test the driver within Composer. Stumped. 

Archived