C4 Forums | Control4

Help with Mini Touch Screen

I have a POE Mini Touch screen that use to be in our Master Bedroom.  We recently remodled our home and I moved the mini Touch Screen from the Bedroom to another bathroom.  First I tried just dragging the Mini Touch Screen in Composer to that bathroom. But the Mini Touch Screen  still says Master Bed on the screen even when I manually change it to the new room.  So I deleted it from the project entirely and readied it in the new room.  Again the screen on the Mini Touch Screen says "Master Bed".  It will not default to the new room where it was identified.  I held down the wheel on the Touch Screen to reset several times.  I also held it down and released it when it said reset to factory defaults.  Again tried to read it to the project and it still says "Master Bed".  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I do not understand, "physically renamed it"  I deleted it, readied it to the Master Bath.  It says on the touchscreen Master Bed (where it was located) I changed rooms on the touchscreen itself and after a while is goes back to master bed.  So dumfounded by this  

But it revers back to the default room where it was previously no where it is located now.  I just replaced a wireless touch screen in my dinning room this weekend that went bad (new never used) and it was added and identified in the dinning room and when I went to use it today it says pool2 (I have 2 pool zones).  Tis is weird.  Happing with a poe and a wireless touchscreen.  Anyone seen this before?

He's talking about Mini Touchscreens.

On those you can set the default room in:

Info - Config - Default.

I'm guessing you are on 2.x? With the new interface change, default rooms on older style interfaces were/are no longer set upon identification due to the change of how those work etc - so it will always revert to th last known default.

Archived