C4 Forums | Control4

Turn on Amp after Power outage

Gene

Anyone have suggestions on how best to wire and program my amps to turn on after a power outgage?  Also, is there a way to program them to turn off when not used for a while and then turn back on when needed? I use two 12 channel amps for whole house audio and they have 12v triggers but never integrated them.  Power was out this week and wife complained because doorbell never rang (announcement didn't play because amps didn't turn back on)...just had to go push blue button to turn each one on but obviously if I'm not home this is an issue.

Thanks for your help!

No, using snap amps...two 12 channel ones.  When the power goes out I have to turn them back on by pushing front button or else no audio from audio matrix.

As Alan mentioned the amp should have 12v trigger, additionally depending on how old it is it should have audio sense. 

Cyknight-Good idea!  I'm assuming that if the controller was on, then the amps would be on since they are sensed.  Possibly the only downside is that you leave the amps on all the time like I do now...anyone have the amps turn off and then on when needed?

Archived