C4 Forums | Control4

accessing music and movies direct from c4 interface

I have 6tb worth of ripped bluray dvd and music On my cloud drives. I would like to be able to walk up to a touch panel or the on screen navigator and have direct access to play these files in that room.

Each of the 4 rooms i want to play these file has its own controler. either a 250 or 300. We just had a flood take out the htpc and not sure if we will replace it or not. That was the only "pc" in the house.

Will i have to replace the pc?. Can the files be accessed and played through the controller or will each tv require a media box?

My main concern again is having the files appear on the touch screen or on screen navigator

The nav does music and movies natively.

There is a my movies driver that you may be able to use to better populate the movie data.

You will need a media player for the movies. Eg dune or popcorn. Music will play through the controller.

The PC could be replaced with a NAS.

There is also a xbmc / codi solution with a ggood driver.

Do you have a video matrix distributing to each room? or is everything local? 

3 stable/best/cheapest options,

1. Put in apple tv and airplay to the tv. (so much easier and time consuming but obviously will not give you the full effect)

2. xbmc/kodi driver running on your computer.

3. qnap nas has xbmc built in and I can confirm it works decently well. 

An apple product is not an option for me. No matrix each tv has a dedicated controler. What directory on the controlers should i copy the music files to? when i check the media agent i dont see any devices to scan. What needs to be added for the controlers to show up there?

I use kodi on our tablets and phones and screen mirror to our bluray player to watch shows and movies. Other than apple what would be a good device to use kodi on that will not cost an arm and leg.

An apple product is not an option for me. No matrix each tv has a dedicated controler. What directory on the controlers should i copy the music files to? when i check the media agent i dont see any devices to scan. What needs to be added for the controlers to show up there?

I use kodi on our tablets and phones and screen mirror to our bluray player to watch shows and movies. Other than apple what would be a good device to use kodi on that will not cost an arm and leg.

Generic network storage driver. 

Archived