C4 Forums | Control4

Using Yale lock to identify users

Goal:

Identify users as they enter the home.

Door lock is Yale Real Living

Code is as shown:

This issue I’m having is no matter what code is entered the light turns on like it is ignoring the “if” statement..

WB

post-133249-0-31438400-1428017148_thumb.

Here is how mine looks.

I fire off an email/txt to phones with what user opens the door lock according to their code.

You could change the event after the first line to have it do whatever you want.

post-122005-0-51279600-1428072848_thumb.

Here is how mine looks.

I fire off an email/txt to phones with what user opens the door lock according to their code.

You could change the event after the first line to have it do whatever you want.

there is something slightly different about your code which "Action did you use"?

post-133249-0-35982900-1428088623_thumb.

Looks like he is programming off the username, not the user code, which is better.  You might change the user code but not the username.  

His programing looks exactly the way mine does.  Keep in mind the username is case sensitive,

ok.. I got it.. thanks for the help!

So what was it?

Looks like he is programming off the username, not the user code, which is better.  You might change the user code but not the username.  

His programing looks exactly the way mine does.  Keep in mind the username is case sensitive,

And to be clear: as the username, this is the username as typed into the Yale app on the touchscreen (if I understand correctly and this is the way my system seems to work).

How does this work with the new generic app that the new Touchscreens have (no flash Yale app on new touchscreens).  Does it still work with usernames the same way?

• 4 months later...

I am having trouble with this as well. I get an alert for each user if anyone opens the lock.

For the life of me I can't seem to get the action "green arrow" indented below the programming "purple question mark".

Once a user unlocks the door I get 12 text messages, one for each user.

can someone tell me the steps to do this??

I am having trouble with this as well. I get an alert for each user if anyone opens the lock.

For the life of me I can't seem to get the action "green arrow" indented below the programming "purple question mark".

Once a user unlocks the door I get 12 text messages, one for each user.

can someone tell me the steps to do this??

Well, it isn't going to work unless you figure that out.  Just move the mouse around on top of the line with the question mark (if) statement, its a little to the right of the beginning of the line.  Once you get it once it will be much easier going forward.

As Turls says you have to get the action indented below the if statement. When your mouse is in the right position to drop an indented action, the cursor will change to a right arrow. The rest of the time it will be an up arrow (meaning insert the code above the current line) or a down arrow (meaning insert the code - unindented - below the current line). The right arrow means indent the code under the if statement.

Archived