C4 Forums | Control4

c4 4 zone matrix amplifier with speaker selector or hardware volume

vstar

is there any problem using either a speaker selector and a hardware volume control like these?

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10903&cs_id=1090305&p_id=9995&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10903&cs_id=1090304&p_id=8240&seq=1&format=2

reason for this is i want to add some speakers on my patio but i would like to have a manual cut off on them in case that zone is accidentally turned on so i don't disturb my neighbours.

any advice or alternate possible solution would be appreciated.

thank you

Why not set the default volume low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i considered that but i still would like use the hardware volume though because my grace digital tuner seems to have a mind of its own, it has picked a random station and a random zone and started playing in the middle of the night, don't know if that might override the default room volume or not since it is not following programming or user control by doing it on its own? i would like to find another Sirius internet streaming device but until i do i can not trust it 100%. thank you for your help and suggestion.

It shouldn't override the room default - but there is also no issue as such using a real-stat volume control on a C4 amp. Other than wondering why you're not hearing anything there when the volume is cranked in C4 anyway.

What I'd try to figure out though is how the Grace is turning zones on - because the grace starting to play is one thing, but that shouldn't be turning on the amplifier in a normal setup at all. Do you have input sensing programming or possible wake-up scenes activated?

It shouldn't override the room default - but there is also no issue as such using a real-stat volume control on a C4 amp. Other than wondering why you're not hearing anything there when the volume is cranked in C4 anyway.

What I'd try to figure out though is how the Grace is turning zones on - because the grace starting to play is one thing, but that shouldn't be turning on the amplifier in a normal setup at all. Do you have input sensing programming or possible wake-up scenes activated?

great on the hardware volume, thanks for confirmation.

as for the grace, if memory serves me correctly i have it going to the l/r analog audio input on my hc800 and then the 800 coaxial digital out going to the coaxial digital in one my c4 4 zone matrix amp. i don't have any input sensing programming set (not sure what that is to be honest)  and i don't currently have any wakeup scenes. i think either the grace or the driver needs work and both appear to have been abandoned. haven't seen a update on either firmware or driver in like a year i believe? i saw at least 1 other forum member had the same issue as myself in another thread. it doesn't do it often but when it does its kinda annoying. what it does do more often is start streams by itself and not pipe them to a zone, i notice it sometimes when i walk past my rack. i think it has only routed it randomly to a zone twice so far, once around dinner time so not a big deal and once in the middle of the night.  i am sure after 1 or 2 more times at night i will be "ordered" to replace it with another solution that does not wake us up. just seems sad since i paid about $300 for it and i think i even bought the driver before v8 was released so its kinda hard to flush the money down the toilet. there was another Sirius streaming device i think i saw you mention in another thread, I cant remember name or model but i think it supported 1 stream and you could buy an additional license to support 2 streams? i haven't seen too much written about them last time i looked except a brief mention. i would hate to shell out another $300 and be no better off?

found it, you had mentioned VideoStorm's Netplay device. The NBX 022 in another thread. i may look into that again. wish i could do sonos but i can not because i am on 2.5.2 and can not upgrade for reasons i will not go in too.

i just noticed there appears there is a roku app for sirius? you and i have been discussing roku in another thread and now the threads have crossed ;)  not sure if app available on Canadian version of roku? if it is i wonder if the driver has the flexibility to tell the roku to launch Sirius app and tune into a specific channel through composer programming? i currently use 6 button keypads in some rooms for quick Sirius navigation. now i'm even more excited to get the roku after work.

Archived