C4 Forums | Control4

Panelized Lighting

twmoonly

More than one way to do this. If using wired keypads, then yes you'll need the ethernet bridge and the powersupply, both of which are half-rail din mounted.

You CAN use the rail mounted network switch, but it's just a network switch. You can either use another switch outside of the panel - or better yet just run home-runs for each piece.

6 home run Ethernet pulls negates the cost and need for the switch in the panel and gives room for 32 lighting loads! Usually enough. More than that you will want a 2 panel on another floor to reduce your electricians copper costs pulling all that wire back to the panel.

You really need to work on this with an Electrician to balance the cost of theit labor with the cost of a second panel if you have more than 2 floors in the house.

Also it is worth considering some zigbee keypads instead of the pannelized ones. It helps the zigbee mesh in the home.

6 home run Ethernet pulls negates the cost and need for the switch in the panel and gives room for 32 lighting loads! Usually enough. More than that you will want a 2 panel on another floor to reduce your electricians copper costs pulling all that wire back to the panel.

You really need to work on this with an Electrician to balance the cost of theit labor with the cost of a second panel if you have more than 2 floors in the house.

Also it is worth considering some zigbee keypads instead of the pannelized ones. It helps the zigbee mesh in the home.

Thanks, The electricians are done and I have 21 loads in a 5 slot panel. I am going to do home runs with my networking.

Indeed. Using the infrastructure for keypads as you've pulled it now, you can use both, or even change over to all wireless/zigbee keypads as they can be powered by the same powersupply as the wired ones (that's right they can be powered line level voltage as well as low voltage)

My electricians found it simple to wire....That's not the issue.  It's just not as stable as Lutron.  I know, I am on a C4 Forum talking about Lutron over Control4.  I'm just giving my personal experience as a pinnacle dealer in residential and doing hospitality - my firm choice is still Lutron over the C4 panelized Lighting then just integrate the Lutron into C4....But...I assume my opinion (MY OPINION) and experiences doesn't matter and yet it should open the door to criticism. 

Now I have to respond to my Opinion on the WMB not working correctly for the past two years its been out until they did their giant firmware update....

Cheers.

Archived