C4 Forums | Control4

Script not executing with "Power On" Event

When I hit the "Execute" button the script in composer it works but the "Power On" event for the device will not execute the script.

This worked when my primary controller was a HC-500 running 2.2.4. I am now using a HC-1000 as the primary with the HC-500 as the secondary, running 2.8.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your responses, msgreenf and loppavisual!

Enclosed is a screenshot.

I created a generic device.  All it does it route the zone 3 output from the receiver to an input on the audio matrix, which worked fine in 2.2.4.

BUT, it doesn't matter what device I use. I can place the code on ANY device and it doesn't work.  Like I said, it WILL work when you Execute the code in Composer.

I can also create a button on Navigator to execute the code and it works.

Composer.jpg

Composer1.jpg

Works like a charm!  Thanks so much, you made my day!  I have been screwing around with this for ever!!!

Do you think this Power On reliability issue is a bug?  Humm, maybe they will correct it in future revisions.

Merry Christmas in Kentucky from a very green xmas in southern Ontario!

the power on is only as realible as the feedback from the device. Basically unless it is a c4 audio video device you can't rely much on that kind of information every device is unique, this is typically the manufacturer not control4's fault. I would also encourage using a macro here so that you can copy and paste to multiple areas and just have one area to edit and make changes. 

also if you can tell us more about what you are looking to do there may be an easier way.

it basically looks like you are trying to start spotify in one room but not another? 

52 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

the power on is only as realible as the feedback from the device. Basically unless it is a c4 audio video device you can't rely much on that kind of information every device is unique, this is typically the manufacturer not control4's fault. I would also encourage using a macro here so that you can copy and paste to multiple areas and just have one area to edit and make changes. 

also if you can tell us more about what you are looking to do there may be an easier way.

it basically looks like you are trying to start spotify in one room but not another? 

Matt nailed it!  It's about the driver, not about c4.  The driver probably doesn't know power state properly

And I agree, use a macro. they are the best way to reuse code!

I want to have a path for Spotify in every room. This solution works great. Thanks for the tip on a macro.  In this case it's not a big deal as it is only a few lines and I only have 12 audio zones but I can appreciate the power and convenience of a macro for a large amount of code.

Thanks again everybody!

Hi Matt,

I do see where you are coming from.  Nothing to do with Sonos. Here is what's happening...

The key is the only way to select Spotify on my receiver is to initiate it from an external device, e.g. iPad, PC.  When you do that, Spotify plays on the the receivers Main Zone. I have created a "virtual dummy device driver" with an input an an output (Audio Matrix and receiver Zone3 respectively).  When I turn on "Spotify" from the navigator, the programming turns on Zone 3 and turns off the main zone on the receiver. When I turn off "Spotify" from the navigator, the programming turns off Zone 3.

I don't know why Denon handles Spotify this way.

Does this make sense?

Thanks again for your input!

makes much more sense now!

this will be much harder to program then as we are relying on the denon for proper feedback.

and this will be your problem.

i would do this programming under the device variable

when power state changes

if spotify1 is not selected in family room

turn on zone 3

turn off main zone

this will only work as well as the feedback from the device driver.

Honestly upgrade to 2.8 and use Deezer, i switched and havent looked back, pm me for a free 30day trial and discounts

or of course built in rhapsody tunein pandora or tidal

• 1 month later...

Archived