C4 Forums | Control4

Firetv mini drivers

msgreenf

3 minutes ago, konieczn said:

What's the estimated cost on something like this, and would a dealer need to install? I'd definitely be interested as well.

the drivers themselves are free - you would have to pay for dealers time to setup

there is already one for bbc iplayer... i spent a good hour making one and 'hacking' the mini driver until i refreshed and found C4 just released one!

I made a TED one, as not available yet, uploaded into this thread

Theres a custom mini driver for anything not yet available and a description of how to make your own...i found this AFTER i deconstructed a mini driver to make my own

I can see C4 integrating this mini driver business into the 'channels' media section of composer, rather than creating new drivers and icons tend to change with time.

amazonfire_ted.c4z

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what this means:

Finding the App Number

Each Amazon Fire TV App has a unique number.  To find the number of the App you want this driver to launch you should first install it on your Amazon Fire TV and then select it from the main Amazon Fire TV driver.  The App number is then displayed in the Driver Information property.

Can anyone tell me what this means:

Finding the App Number

Each Amazon Fire TV App has a unique number.  To find the number of the App you want this driver to launch you should first install it on your Amazon Fire TV and then select it from the main Amazon Fire TV driver.  The App number is then displayed in the Driver Information property.

That documentation is wrong. That is for Roku. For fire tv you need the package name. To get that put a firetv driver into debug mode. On the firetv launch the app and then look at the lua tab and it will list the package name. Something like com.app that is what you put in the lua

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.