C4 Forums | Control4

Fastest OS version for HC250

9800pro

I noticed some slowdowns regarding OS 2.8.1 opposite 2.8 for HC250.

Most notably is Cover art view in GUI. On 2.8 it was fine, not the fastest but ok.

On 2.8.1 its extremely slow, like 10 seconds to show first 2 rows of covers.

And then when scrolling down the same to fill other rows, around 10 seconds or even more.

Covert art amount is some 9-10 mb, average size of cover is 50-150kB, nothing large.

On T3 screen cover art is fine, runs smoothly ( i know T3 screen has a lot more powerful CPU and GPU than HC250).

Also on 2.8.1 when running System diagnostics window often CPU on HC250 gets to 100% for a few seconds...

Project is one TV, one AVR and 3-4 hdmi sources, 6 light circuits on IP control, one wireless configuralable keypad and one 10 inch T3 screen.

Nothing extra, just plain living room.

What would be the fastest (and latest) OS to run on HC250?

I would also recommend checking for possible bad drivers. My HC-250 was controlling wayyy more than it should have been. I just migrated off of an HC-250 to an HC-800, however my 250 wasn't quite that slow to load cover art in 2.8.1. I don't use the on-screen navigator too often, but the girlfriend does.

Controller is brand new, updated from 2.7.2 to 2.8 and then to 2.8.1.

All drivers i have are latest versions from online lookup, Denon AVR, Sony TV and Bluray...

Music is stored on Synology RS214 NAS. I wasn't able to get NFS share started so its only SMB.

Maybe that is the reason, but i don't understand why on 2.8 cover art was fine and on 2.8.1 is slow...

1 hour ago, jfh said:

I see this recommended a lot.  How exactly does one identify a "bad" driver?

If I run into a new issue on a system, especially if I have recently added a new driver - that's the first driver(s) I start removing. It's also worth making sure that there are no driver updates available as that could fix potential problems too. Others may have some good driver troubleshooting tips too.

Archived