C4 Forums | Control4

Integrating Hikvision into Control4?? HELP

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get HikVision IP cameras to output through the Control4 on screen navigator? It shows up within the camera GUI and within Control4 composer. 

I am trying to integrate the 4MP IR DOME Network Camera (DS-2CD2742FWD-I), I have integrated the 3MP version of the dome camera and that integrates perfectly.

I think it is a resolution issue as you cannot set the resolution to the same as the 3MP version which integrates perfectly.

Any ideas?

• 4 months later...

On 9/10/2016 at 4:21 PM, knowitall said:

Had issues with using built in POE on the NVR themselves. Plugging them into a POE switch allowed for access to c4 and NVR. Recommend creating separate logins for c4 and personal on the app

i believe there is a network setting on the hikvision NVR that allows you to access the cameras even when plugged into the internal switch on the NVR

That is correct. You can enable the ports on the NVR so the driver uses 65001..65016 instead of 80 in the confit. ip is set to that of the NVR. This works perfectly in my configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for the virtual host setting to enable - if it;s nowhere to be found you may need to update your NVR's software.

But do beware - there have been reports of issues getting the (higher quality) h264 streams to work on all interface (the system should then automatically revert to MJPEG).

It's not been an issue that I have seen so far - but cannot deny the number of people that have reported the isse.

2 hours ago, AshMania said:

Is it an issue even with the newer EA controllers?  Don't they do 1080 resolution now?

What part - do you mean my last post? It's not related to resolution AFAIK as such - I'm just pointing out that OTHERS have reported problems getting h264 stream to work - h264 is just a compression method, not a resolution as such.

In general, while yes EA can do 1080p, understand that doesn't mean the camera you see IN the GUI is also at 1080p as such, it's a view within a view.

On 9/16/2016 at 5:50 PM, Cyknight said:

What part - do you mean my last post? It's not related to resolution AFAIK as such - I'm just pointing out that OTHERS have reported problems getting h264 stream to work - h264 is just a compression method, not a resolution as such.

In general, while yes EA can do 1080p, understand that doesn't mean the camera you see IN the GUI is also at 1080p as such, it's a view within a view.

Sorry, was referring to "Solrise Solutions" quote earlier about using a lower substream resolution and having to use MPEG vs H.264.  Was wondering if that was an issue with EA controllers and/or T3 touch screens...

Ah - well EA series and T3's are the one grabbing h264 streams (and mobile app) - older screens and controllers as well as the myhomepc app use mjpeg.Understand that the newer stuff CAN grab mjpeg - but it comes at a loss of quality.

I don't know the Solrise stuff - but if the limitation is that it can only send out one stream - if you have NO older stuff, that is no longer valid.

Archived