C4 Forums | Control4

Luma cameras

I've got them and like them a lot. If you want pics from the cams, pics OF the cams, etc... let me know.

If you pricing info, or to buy any I'm happy to help there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. How Do you have them integrated into c4? Trying to figure out getting c4 vs non c4 cameras? How was the price point?

Thanks again

Thanks for the info. How Do you have them integrated into c4? Trying to figure out getting c4 vs non c4 cameras? How was the price point?

Thanks again

First of all, there are no such thing as "C4 cameras". There are cameras that C4 has robust drivers for, but no C4 cameras.

One of the neat things about Luma/SnapAV is their DVR has excellent drivers for C4 that will make an IP feed available to C4, for any camera that is connected to it. It makes any camera compatible with Control4. Integration is incredibly easy, and it works flawlessly.

It integrates fine, but the Luma software still has gapping holes. For example, you can do continuous recording or motion recording, not both. You can make settings in the camera (via IP) that cannot be done via the software. The software has many bugs. The Luma cameras supposedly are about to be updated so wait a bit to get the new ones. The Luma software integrates very poorly with C4, so you use either the cameras in C4 interface, or struggle through the luma software with the poor integration. The computer and iphone version of the software is considerably better (in fact the iOS is the best way to use Luma). Let me know if you have more questions

19 hours ago, Nehsmit said:

Thanks again

there is no "C4 cameras" but anyways, I had integrated "Hikvision" analog cameras with "Luma" DVR, It works, I didnt like how it been controlled by C4  (view records and stuff like that) but integration was pretty easy, I got all pictures on TS and navigator. 

Archived