C4 Forums | Control4

Garage Door Contact

cbstive

The reason I ask is because I purchased some garage door contact no paying attention and realizing the were for large bay commercial doors.

I just can't seem to get them to work. I have many other contact throughout the home and I had no issue with them some Invert.

So what I don't know too much about is the debounce timer. Could that help?

Or do I need to get a smaller garage door sensor which doesn't have as much magnetic power?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I currently have my garage door wired to c4 directly to relay 1 (works fine) However, to get the garage door to show up in each room I had to install a relay in each room using the same c4 relay #1 as the connection. I recently noticed the garage door status will change if I open the door from the living room to open correctly. The problem is if I close the door from the Family room the living room status will state open and the Family room status will also state open because it was closed according to C4. Is there a way to use one relay for house, just as I have the cameras or t-stats

Any advise will be apreciated

Matt

In V 2.0 I wonder if this will be solved the same way it will be easier to view whole home lighting... Things like security contacts, irrigation, temerpature control (for the whole house), garage doors, etc should all be available in every room rather than having to switch to the room where they are located.

In V 2.0 I wonder if this will be solved the same way it will be easier to view whole home lighting... Things like security contacts, irrigation, temerpature control (for the whole house), garage doors, etc should all be available in every room rather than having to switch to the room where they are located.

Thanks (ilovec4 & akg4y) I will go back to try to see what is wrong!

Im not sure I helped any... I was just pondering :)

Is anyone else itching for some day 2 CEDIA info? I think all of the dealers are hungover from their party last night.

Check out these C4 press releases

http://www.control4.com/news/85/44/Control4-Demonstrates-Automation-Ecosystem-at-CEDIA-EXPO-2009/

http://www.control4.com/news/86/44/Control4-Debuts-Control4-OS-2-0-at-CEDIA-EXPO-2009/

Is anyone else itching for some day 2 CEDIA info? I think all of the dealers are hungover from their party last night.

Yeah...I got some very interesting text messages from some very intoxicated CEDIA guests. Man, I wish I was there. I was going to try and make it down, but my trip to S.C. got cancelled last minute, so I am still in UT.

Yeah...I got some very interesting text messages from some very intoxicated CEDIA guests. Man' date=' I wish I was there. I was going to try and make it down, but my trip to S.C. got cancelled last minute, so I am still in UT.[/quote']

Could be worse, you could be here in Michigan

Yeah...I got some very interesting text messages from some very intoxicated CEDIA guests. Man' date=' I wish I was there. I was going to try and make it down, but my trip to S.C. got cancelled last minute, so I am still in UT.[/quote']

hmmmm desert or tundra... (yes I see michigan as a tundra)

Hey, I love UT, and frankly am not a huge fan of the East Coast (the humidity kills me)... The only real reason I was excited to go was to get down for CEDIA on Saturday.

hmmmm desert or tundra... (yes I see michigan as a tundra)

Could be worse. Mid Missouri. desert, tundra, jungle, swamp.... just depends on the day really.

Archived