C4 Forums | Control4

EA1 price

rafa1985

Question

I just talked to my dealer he told me that the EA1 it's 800 and 999 if you want it with the SR 260. I seen that the EA1 it's 600 and includes the SR 260 he is also asking 1,400 for the EA3. Does this sound reasonable? I know that's the sell price plus install fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, rafa1985 said:

I just talked to my dealer he told me that the EA1 it's 800 and 999 if you want it with the SR 260. I seen that the EA1 it's 600 and includes the SR 260 he is also asking 1,400 for the EA3. Does this sound reasonable? I know that's the sell price plus install fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a system installed. First quote wanted to charge about what you listed. He may be including programming for that price but I doubt it (mine wasn't). I ended up finding another dealer (Best Buy) who quoted me $600 for the EA1 bundle (ea1 and sr260) or it would have been $450 and $250 separate. They wanted $1000 for ea-3. These are published Msrp prices. They charge extra for programming. I ended up getting a ea3, sr260 and programming for around $1600. Best Buy also gave me the $100 off Bundle price on ea3 since I originally wanted ea1 and changed my mind later. Programming was extremely minimal (that's what I wanted) and I purchased composer HE. It's not without issues either, my installer doesn't really respond to my questions any more (since they didn't make much off me) and I will be going with one of the remote dealers on this site when I need to make changes. If you are a do it yourself type person this may work for you. If you want all programming done for you, you will end up paying much more. If look for a dealer that charges Msrp prices and then hourly rate for programming so you know what you are paying for. 

These are published Msrp prices

There are no published MSRP prices for Control4 gear (for better or worse) only prices published by those who sell the gear.

I cannot speak for the dealers involved - but there may be a lot of factors in play on a price that based on the OP I cannot judge - ie where is it installed - is there wiring to be done, OSD or specific remote programming to set up, HDMI or other audio cables to be added and setup - ZigBee settings that need changing - WHERE is this being sold (continental US, Hawaii, Canada, somewhere else).

Archived