C4 Forums | Control4

Using Airplay Speakers

ECS

AirPlay Enabled speakers are wireless speakers that connect to iTunes using AirPlay. B&w Zeppelin is an example. I want that wireless speaker be an endpoint in a room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd have to have a way to go from receiver to the speaker. When I was shopping a year or two ago, there were no Receiver >> Bluetooth/Wifi >> Speaker capable receivers out there. The receivers were all built to receive (no pun intended) the bluetooth or wifi streams, but not communicate with speakers via BT or wifi. Maybe this has changed?

There are some bluetooth transmitters you can add. In fact, I think some are made to work with standard headphone mini-jacks. You might be able to plug this into your home controller and BT to a paired speaker. 

Remember I shopped a year+ ago. I would think that these nice BT headphones might have created a demand for BT output on newer receivers.

I need wireless speakers for a couple of parts of the house and am currently using Sonos, but not really happy with them. I can't start music from the room with the Sonos speakers (if I am using my music).

6 minutes ago, ECS said:

I need wireless speakers for a couple of parts of the house and am currently using Sonos, but not really happy with them. I can't start music from the room with the Sonos speakers (if I am using my music).

That's more a matter of setup then anything else.

That said - there are several wireless transmitter-speaker options available that may work for you, but airplay specific speakers wouldn't work.

As mentioned in the thread - C4 doesn't 'transmit' airplay, it's an airplay receiver.

Archived