C4 Forums | Control4

Picking alternate Camera via programming

mfg786

Hello friends

Is there a way to pick alternate camera using programing in composer

For example: I want to pick left driveway camera, when a car enters there for my door station and make an auto call to all T3's in home, after 30 seconds switch to door stations camera.

will appreciate your thoughts

4 hours ago, mfg786 said:

Hello friends

Is there a way to pick alternate camera using programing in composer

For example: I want to pick left driveway camera, when a car enters there for my door station and make an auto call to all T3's in home, after 30 seconds switch to door stations camera.

will appreciate your thoughts

I tried to do this previously and failed... Admittedly, I was trying on the old V2 rather than the T3.  I'd also be interested in knowing if this is possible!

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

No.

Pity! But thanks Cy for letting us know.

I have noticed another related bug that you may have a work around for...I have 2 old V2s hidden away in a cupboard which I use to initiate two intercom calls (one to my entrance V2 and one to my bedroom V2) when I detect that someone is calling the house from the main gate complex intercom (not integrated into C4). I have the enable camera checkbox unchecked on both of them and I use the alternate camera (which I have set to a camera at the complex gate that I have integrated into C4). This works great in that when someone calls from the gate, I can see them on my bedroom and entrance Touchscreens (no audio) and I can open the gate by pressing the hold button (which I have programmed to trigger the main gate while these calls are active).

This is a great work around for my situation and works perfectly until I do a controller reboot. When I do a controller reboot, the behaviour is as if the enable camera checkbox has been cheked. Which means that I don't see the alternate camera but rather see the inside of my cupboard where I have located the two old V2s that I use for this purpose.  The only way I have hot to fix this is (after every reboot) to go in and check the enable camera checkbox for the two cupboard Touchscreens and then uncheck it... having done this everything works perfectly until the next reboot.

Do you know if this is a known bug? Will it ever be fixed? Is there a work around? E.g. A programatic way of checking and unchecking the offending checkbox?

Archived