C4 Forums | Control4

General Vacation Mode Question - how do i know it's recording?

GZS3

Question

Just had vacation mode enabled by my installer.  Plan to start, stop, and replay from the control4 app on my phone and pc, not the remote.

Vacation mode UI shows up in app, but when i hit "Start Record" nothing happens.  Not sure if it's actually recording with no UI feedback or if there is something wrong and it's not activating when i select that option.

What do others see when they go through this??

Thanks in advance.

How do you do that. I have 2.9 and mockupancy installed. I don't have touchscreens. I have HE but I haven't seen any updates to the manual for quite some time to address improvements such as mockupancy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a whole new version of mockupancy that adds a UI button. It's not an upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Also, custom buttons like that will not give you feedback other than lighting up once you hit them.  You just have to trust that it is doing what it's supposed to.

In 2.9 versions, you can actually have buttons that will give you feedback based on the state of the driver.

How do you do that. I have 2.9 and mockupancy installed. I don't have touchscreens. I have HE but I haven't seen any updates to the manual for quite some time to address improvements such as mockupancy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, custom buttons like that will not give you feedback other than lighting up once you hit them.  You just have to trust that it is doing what it's supposed to.

In 2.9 versions, you can actually have buttons that will give you feedback based on the state of the driver.

3 minutes ago, GZS3 said:

Just had vacation mode enabled by my installer.  Plan to start, stop, and replay from the control4 app on my phone and pc, not the remote.

Vacation mode UI shows up in app, but when i hit "Start Record" nothing happens.  Not sure if it's actually recording with no UI feedback or if there is something wrong and it's not activating when i select that option.

What do others see when they go through this??

Thanks in advance.

Which app did you use? If you used the 'mockupancy' driver, there is a UI button version (that requires 2.9) that gives you this feedback

Archived