C4 Forums | Control4

abtinst

Question

Hi,
I am willing to buy this type of zigbee lighting switch which is made by the Chines/Canadian manufacturer OWON, and add it to my Control4 zigbee network. but here is a question: are they working with control4 system? I haven't seen them in the list of Control4 supported devices but there are still some reasons to use them. As we may know ZLL ( Zigbee Light Link ) Protocol is a sub-Protocol which works under ZHA ( Zigbee Home Automation ), that means a standard ZHA Gateway ( like Control4's EA Controllers ) should see a ZLL device (when both devices are in the process of binding) and work with it. another reason is that these devices are certified by Zigbee Alliance ( The organization which has made Zigbee standard and certify the devices working through it ). I have contacted my dealer to get an answer and he just said that they are not supported, but as he may not have enough knowledge of electronics, i doubted his answer, another reason is that i have tested it with another brand's controller ( Vera Plus Controller ) and it has identified it as a generic Zigbee device and worked with it appropriately. can anybody help? how can i contact Control4's technical support?

5 answers to this question

10 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Control4 is not standard, they use there own security.  

If they don't have a control4 driver and control4 modified zigbee stack it won't work

Control4 has additional clusters which the manufacturer will need to implement into their stack for it to work.

On 12/19/2016 at 10:30 PM, Matt Lowe said:

what are you looking for it to do we may be able to help find a solution

Well, simply activating a lighting line by Control4 via Zigbee, meanwhile having the formal control by wall switches. this is what this device does, and i know that Control4 devices like Puck Switch do the same. but the question is about a cheaper device. Have you any idea?

Archived