C4 Forums | Control4

HIKVision or Axis Cameras

Glloyd77

Sorry I don't understand what you are asking. There are some camera drivers for Hikvision for sale on houselogix but they are not mine

Sent from my Pixel+C using Tapatalk

Wasn't asking anything was merely saying that there are very limited cameras, nvr, DvR's that have a complete solution that work with C4. When I mean complete I mean complete I mean works across all navigators.

For example if you ask which matrix devices for C4: you get - Leaf etc etc and good stable drivers or which alarm system you get DSC with excellent drivers and great integration.

Cameras seem to be hit and miss with integration throughout the solution set of C4.

Maybe the only "question" in there was did this change with the new E series of controllers as I know the navigator is different, does it allow streaming like the iOS navigator does...

Yes the Houselogic drivers do work but that is a "old" hikvision setup if you actually look at it, they have much newer kit now a days.

In my previous post I was actually giving a you a compliment on the amount you know on camera drivers specifically and the amount of time you have spent helping me specifically.

6 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

What did you say C4 needs mpeg and which other to be able to stream on the navigators?

Can't remember the exact technicalities

Flash based Navigators need MJPEG - that includes all NON-EA series Controller Navigators, MyPC App and older non-Android Touchscreens

9 hours ago, jamesc4 said:

Sounds good....

Regarding the NVR, If i have a project that will have about 20 IP Cameras at 3 or 4MP.

In order to keep the Network Traffic light i assume to get a NVR that has build in POE Ports (Like some of the HIKVision's)

Is this assumption

correct?

i see Synology is just a NVR without POE.

Thoughts?

True, in regards that the Synology is just a NAS.  I feel more comfortable keeping my clients recordings on quality hard drives, instead of the junk they usually install in the NVR/DVR's.

With that amount of cameras and based on actual recording streams, I would probably set up a VLAN just for the camera system.  If you can create a proper network, nothing here should slow anything down.

9 hours ago, jamesc4 said:

Sounds good....

Regarding the NVR, If i have a project that will have about 20 IP Cameras at 3 or 4MP.

In order to keep the Network Traffic light i assume to get a NVR that has build in POE Ports (Like some of the HIKVision's)

Is this assumption

correct?

i see Synology is just a NVR without POE.

Thoughts?

True, in regards that the Synology is just a NAS.  I feel more comfortable keeping my clients recordings on quality hard drives, instead of the junk they usually install in the NVR/DVR's.

With that amount of cameras and based on actual recording streams, I would probably set up a VLAN just for the camera system.  If you can create a proper network, nothing here should slow anything down.

Archived