C4 Forums | Control4

?✅ BlackWire Announces Massive 1,400+ Emoji Driver for Control4 ???

• 2 months later...

On 4/21/2017 at 10:11 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

2. Back to this driver, interestingly it works perfectly (rock solid) on my iOS devices (based on my limited testing). The known issue that one sometimes has to back out of a page and go back in to get it to update the icon is only an issue on my Touchscreens (T3s).  I have yet to test this on my kindle and my V2s. Hopefully a later OS will deal with this or give us a "page refresh" command.

It appears to me that this "known issue" has been resolved on OS2.10.0.  I say this cautiously as I base my conclusion on a sample of 2 Experience Buttons where the emoji was not changing on my T3 unless I backed out of the page but now they are working flawlessly. 

My statistics background warns me that a sample of 2 does not make for a good predictor...

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately this driver seems to have stopped working on the latest version of OS2.10.

To be more accurate, my dealer updated my system to the second release of OS2.10 and this driver to the latest version a week or so ago and since then this driver has stopped working totally although it does show the licence as having been activated. 

@Kevin L is this a known issue?

20 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Unfortunately this driver seems to have stopped working on the latest version of OS2.10.

To be more accurate, my dealer updated my system to the second release of OS2.10 and this driver to the latest version a week or so ago and since then this driver has stopped working totally although it does show the licence as having been activated. 

@Kevin L is this a known issue?

This sounds like an issue we are running up against and should be fixed across all of our drivers shortly. Its pretty rare though. Just add a space and delete it to reactive the license. 

I just loaded 1.5.2 on my system and its working fine.

57 minutes ago, seth_j said:

Uh.. well I believe there is a PDF that we made that comes with the driver. I'll have to look around for it. 

Thanks.  I originally dismissed the driver as being too "cutesy", but really like the programming and icon changing abilities.

Are the icon files stored on the controller in such a way where I could replace graphics for certain emojis I wouldn't use with ones more unique to my project?  I have pinball machines, slot machine, jukebox and various text tiles I would like to use as icons for buttons.  (So your poop1.jpg would be replaced with myicon.jpg renamed as poop1?)

1 hour ago, seth_j said:

This sounds like an issue we are running up against and should be fixed across all of our drivers shortly. Its pretty rare though. Just add a space and delete it to reactive the license. 

Will give it a try. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, jfh said:

Thanks.  I originally dismissed the driver as being too "cutesy", but really like the programming and icon changing abilities.

Are the icon files stored on the controller in such a way where I could replace graphics for certain emojis I wouldn't use with ones more unique to my project?  I have pinball machines, slot machine, jukebox and various text tiles I would like to use as icons for buttons.  (So your poop1.jpg would be replaced with myicon.jpg renamed as poop1?)

A little bit more flexibility (I have made suggestions previously - including earlier in this topic) including allowing one to choose ones own icons would change this from a really good driver to an incredible driver.  

Over to you @seth_j

5 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

A little bit more flexibility (I have made suggestions previously - including earlier in this topic) including allowing one to choose ones own icons would change this from a really good driver to an incredible driver.  

Over to you @seth_j

Agreed.  But if the icons are stored in the clear on the controller it's pretty simple for us DIYers to change icons.

Just now, jfh said:

Agreed.  But if the icons are stored in the clear on the controller it's pretty simple for us DIYers to change icons.

Indeed if we had that plus the ability to set the icon name to a string (instead of having to use a pull down menu in HE)  then we would have incredible flexibility...

3 hours ago, seth_j said:

Thanks.  That sorted it with a couple of caveats (that you may want to check out):

1. The default icon did not work properly - maybe because it was defaulted previously when the Licence de-linked.

2. The known limitation of the emoji not always updating without backing out of the page and re-entering had completely resolved itself on the first version of OS2.10 (admittedly I was also on an older version of the driver - 1.4, I think) but is back (1 problem in 3  based on a very limited sample test this evening) on the current OS and driver version 1.5.2.

3. Quite a pain when you have lots of this driver in the project and need to do this for each one (although I am not sure if all had actually de-linked or not). A central driver manager driver would be nice ;-)

Thanks though, I still love the emojis,

• 3 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 6:31 PM, seth_j said:

@seth_j - still loving this driver.  The only problem is that I have about 15 instances in my project and the problem of the driver becoming deactivated on a system reboot is back for at least 10 of these instances. That is quite frustrating as they are spread through different rooms, so after a reboot I need to find all of them and reactivate the license as described above.  Is there a fix for this?

Archived